• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how do i know if im full?

buglady

i had some soup today prob a third of a normal tin of heinz tomato and a small quarter (mushed up in the soup) of bread i diddnt know if i still felt hungry bearing in mind i had my op on wednesday that was all i ate for lunch and i still couldnt tell if i was full?
i was ok i hasten to add and b4 you all shout at me and say you should be just on liquids the bread was pure mush and had to fish it out it , just added substance to the soup so lunch was successful but i am so parionoid im going to eat too much and be sick and thats the last thing i want! so the point to my story is how do you know when you are full??:)

Hi

You will know when you are full when you feel a tightning or pressure in the chest. Dont continue to eat past this or you may be sick.

Re the bread not shouting but please stcik the advise given by your provider - if they say you should be on liquids then just stick to liquids. Mushy comes later.

Good luck x

Congratulations on your surgery. How did it go? How long was you in hospital for?
I have my bypass on monday starting to get very nervous now!

I agree with Mazza I was on liquids only for 2-3 weeks followed by Purees for a week the mushys soft foods and onto normal foods at 6 weeks. I wouldnt try mushy at this early stage.....what did your provider ( who did you have?) tell you to do nutrition wise?

at this stage stick to the liquids as its very early days for you, if you push the boundries out of the safe liquid part only a few days out it could hurt you as you will still be very swollen inside, this is why they say liquids only.

liz x

i dont look at it as being full but content with my lot. stick with the fluids befor you do any damage, eat slowly and savor every mouthful this is the ideal time to get yourself out of bad habits and learn to enjoy food.
I vowed that i would never have that stuffed feeling again that i could experiance prior to surgery and to date i havent you will know when you have had your fill as you feel that just one more mouth full will take you over the edge. Its a massive learing curve and i suppose none of us have been very good at listening to our bodies before.
gook luck and take care stick to the rules you have been given and you cant go wrong.
hc

thanks every one for your comments im sticking to the rules just was curious i suppose its the biggest thing getting used to the new sizes when i would have the whole tin and three bits of bread!! i promise ill be good i was just eing honest!

Back