• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How does this sound Banders?

Daisyhappy!

Banders yet again Im calling on you for some advise!
Just tried my first mushie meal id like feedback on if it's too much food?
A small drained tin of tuna blended with some light philly and pesto and a table spoon of mash. Im not full full, no restriction but Im definitely satisfied.
Does this sound ok?

Yep sounds fine. Also sounds like your swelling is settling if you not full but satisfied. You may find you need more food in the next week or so as you become more hungry.

Don't panic about it. Until you have a fill it is completely normal you just have to try and be restrained! I plan what I am going to eat each day and stick to it. I've been pretty much stick too 1200 kcal per day without feel starved but I'm having to be clever with them i.e double veg, very small portion of mash. use spray oil for cooking. I have a real problem with slowing my eating down but if I sit and take my time I seem to be more satisfied - does that make sense?

Yeah i so get you about eating slow, i looked at my little saucer of food and was wondering would it do the trick but it took so long to eat that it seemed like loads! I'll defo be careful with the mash cos it was my downfall pre band, funny enough i enjoyed the tuna much more i might substitute mash with pureed veg in future cos i make that for the baby anyway. Oh i hope this works and i work it. It's very scary moving onto foodier food!

You'll do fine. Just watch chicken! OMG! I can't eat it at the moment it keeps getting stuck with me. I haven't PB'd yet but god the pain. Chew chew chew

Totally fine lovie :)

That sounds about right to me. Also, like Amy said you might start feel more hungry but don't threat.... Your fills will make all the difference. I had my op on 30th October and had to wait until mid January until my first fill. By this point I was back up to eating loads- what with the Christmas period and all. I was distraught.
About a week before my first fill I joined My Fitness Pal and have counted my calories every day since then.
I do still feel like I'm on a diet with all the counting calories but I know that I wouldn't have lasted this long without the band because it help with hunger and portion sizes. I find planning what im going to eat the day before REALLY helps me! It's sooooo true that the band is just a tool and you have to work with it- more so than I expected if I'm honest.
We WILL all get there in the end! Xx

Hia sorry not been on here this week back at work now.

I am 4 weeks post-op almost and finding I can eat more and "lumpier" foods now. The lumps have to be softish chicken is still awkward and it is not possible to puree it all all the time.

I have my review with my surgeon on Thurs just praying I not done any damage by stretching my pouch or my band slipping??

I not been as good as I should have been being back at work maybe why weight not coming off?? Xx

So true Sophie Im only two weeks banded and already i know it's going to be a harder longer road than i thought but in some ways i look forward to the challenge. I love my fitness pal, have used it all but one day since my op and the day i didn't i found i was reaching for that extra actimel, hot chocolate etc out of boredom and cos i knew i didn't have to log it so "no guilt" yeah right! I need to count it, if that means Im on a diet for the rest of my life so be it. The freedom i feel having the greedy girl inside me with a bigger appetite than my 6ft2 boyfriend at bay is amazing. I love it! Even on my "bad days" i haven't had even half the cals i would have in the past.

Fudge how are you finding work? I actually find it so much easier in work it's when i get home i get restless and picky :( need to find a hobby at home, workout dvd or something. Im reading a book Im really into at the moment and haven't even thought about food well soup, actimel, hot chocolate!x

In some ways, it's probably better this way because we will actually learn how to eat properly, rather than a quick fix and put all the weight back on at the end of it all. Xx

Yeah exactly :) i know the band stays in for life in most cases but Im hoping to educate myself over time to the point that if for some unknown reason it ever had to come out that id have a new frame of mind to food and exercise that i would never revert back to my old awful ways. It'll take time but Im enjoying the journey :) x

What's your name on my fitness pal, daisy? I'm on there too as fatimajass. I created the account at a low point :(

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

What is Fitness Pal? I started swimming this week and looking to increase that and start doing other exercise. It's weird only lost about a stone & 5lbs so far BUT I don't feel no way as sluggish or tired like I was ! Xx

Fudge bunny - its an app for the iPhone but they have a website as well - tracks your food, exercise, weight loss etc and best of all it's free!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Daisyhappy! said:
How do i find out my username? Haha Im useless i set it up on my phone with an email address? Didn't know you could add people on it but its always telling me dieting is easier with friends so i did wonder!x

Does it show when you look at your profile? We need you added as there's a good bunch of us in there at the mo! Mine is the same as on here JO28172...you could try adding me by going into friends and sending a request? Xx

hIya
That sounds about right to me, but we are all different, and some bands have a small amount in them from the start I was told, you will soon know if its too much though!!! without too much information you will need to visit the loo. Its usually after the first fill or sometimes even the second before you get true restriction. I have a 10ml small band and at the moment I have 6.5ml in it which works fine for me, and lets me know if I try to overeat in no uncertain terms. Good Luck

Back