• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How does this sound Banders?

Hi there
Hope your op went ok, I just saw you had the same consultant as me namely Mr El Hasani I had my band fitted 2009 at Orpington Hospital and still go for follow ups at Princess Royal, I was lucky enough to qualify for NHS funding at that time due to other health issues, but now the NHS is in such a mess further surgery will have to be Private, and Im having a tum tuck in a month. I do hope everything is going ok for you although its very early days for you. Good Luck

Found it :) can yous add me? Im FinnyB :)

How's it going? Has your appetite come back? Any problems with things getting stuck? I haven't had any problems and it's making me feel like there's no band in there sometimes!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I know its hard when you have your hunger back but keep thinking it will take few fills and you ll get there, I promise. I am going for my third fill on Saturday and at the moment I do not have restriction... but I have a good feeling about this pne

Girls, I can assure you that you do have a band-they didn't forget to put it in whilst you were on the operating table! Lol (although I thought this too at first).
Just think of it being in place and all ready to go but it's not been activated or switched on yet... But it will be once you start getting it tightened. Xx

I had 4ml at the op just like you and I had my appetite back after 3 weeks just like you. I then had my first fill before Xmas taking me to 5ml, did not make a difference, then another ml taking me to 6 ml last month. My dietitian said it takes 3 to 4 fills to get to that sweet spot or between 6 and 8 mls to feel restriction. So hopefully I ll get a ml in and it should kick start the adventure all over again. I don't want you to he upset but also want you to be prepared. Xxx its not easy and it takes time xxx

Thanks mis, i don't mind how long it takes as long as it happens. I really want to lose every week though but at the moment i can't see that happening. Great news though! Work are reducing my hours AND giving me 9-5.30 so I'll have more time in the evenings for walks etc. Not like this week getting off at 8pm x

Oh Karen Im exactly the same!! Feel like i have no band and my appetite is back :( had a muller light for breakfast and soup for lunch and loads of water, starving now ugh!!

No wonder you are hungry! thats not much at all. I thought you were on mushies now? if so soup and yoghurt wont keep you going.

Dont be scared to have something if you are hungry to keep you going. How many cals are you having a day? xx

By the way ladies please keep myfitness pal user names etc to private messages.

For your safety as posts on here can be googled but also inline with the forum rules - ta muchly x

Mazza said:
No wonder you are hungry! thats not much at all. I thought you were on mushies now? if so soup and yoghurt wont keep you going.

Dont be scared to have something if you are hungry to keep you going. How many cals are you having a day? xx

Yeah i know, soon after a wrote this a had a nice big tuna salad :) Im trying to stick to 800 cals but its rare i stay under 1000 :(

Have you been advised to stick to 800, thats not much at all and not sustainable long term.

If your not careful your body will go into stravation mode and cling onto those pounds - which you dont want xx

Well to be fair its rare i manage to stick to that, THEN end up feeling guilty so i don't really think it's a good thing either. What do you think i should be on? My provider told me to count cals but never said how many. I've just seen 800 a lot on other sites and YouTube but i don't think its enough for me and my bulk!x

Sorry hun, I dont really know what would be good for you.

I'm 5ft 10 and whilst I was losing I was having 1200 cals a day but upto 1400 on days when I did alot of exercise.

Maintaining - I have around 1500.

1200 worked for me - any more and I didnt lose as much, less likewise though x

Yeh, definitely 800 calories sounds too low and not sustainable. My weight loss slowed right down / stalled for 2-3 weeks when I went that low in calories. Really no need to feel guilty for eating 1000 or so. In fact if I have less than a thousand a day because I haven't felt hungry enough to eat more, I actually make sure I drink a milky latte coffee to take me over 1000. My average over the week is c 1200 a day...and no-guilt treats included...having a band does not stop me still enjoying my food :D

I am having 1000/1100 at the moment as had a fill Friday and think this one may have hit the spot. I'm thinking maybe I should push it up to 1200. MFP has calculated I need to have 1200 but I'm struggling to get that high - it seems weird for me to say that!

Thanks for all the feedback lovely ladies! Oh how relieved i am, i really thought 800 was about right for a band and i wasn't liking it at all! I'll stick to 1000-1100 for now and will enjoy every calorie! :)
Oh chop i cannot wait to say that, I've loved having no hunger the last few weeks! Soon as week 3 hit it all changed. Rang to book my fill for the six week mark but they wont book me in until i have dietition appointment x

Daisyhappy! said:
Thanks for all the feedback lovely ladies! Oh how relieved i am, i really thought 800 was about right for a band and i wasn't liking it at all! I'll stick to 1000-1100 for now and will enjoy every calorie! :)
Oh chop i cannot wait to say that, I've loved having no hunger the last few weeks! Soon as week 3 hit it all changed. Rang to book my fill for the six week mark but they wont book me in until i have dietition appointment x

It's mainly willpower you have to rely on until you get that good restriction spot. I always have a dietician appointment before a fill and I only get one if both me and the dietician think I need one after we have had a good chat about my eating. My last appointment was August and I struggled on but should have seen the dietician earlier to get it sorted, it has taken me since last May to get to this stage which is wasted time. I was always too busy for my appointments and kept cancelling but should have gone for another full and just some advice. It turned out my main problem was my bite sizes and adjusting that and a 0.25 fill seems to have done it. I have another appointment booked for 4 weeks which I am determined to keep. Who said this band malarky was easy!

Funny you say that, who said the band was easy. I just read a story in one of those magazines, a girl saying she didn't want to diet and was too lazy to exercise so she got the band. It made me so angry, it's not all roses and it takes away from all the work successful Banders have done!!
I knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park but Im determined to enjoy my journey and focus on my journey not just the end result.
Im also a really busy bee so worried about keeping appointments but luckily i was offered phone appointments too which really suit me :)

Back