• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Your body knows when to stop losing....

4Gr8kids

This is what my doctor says when I ask how do you stop losing or get to a comfortable weight. I think that is bs because I my body didn't know to stop gaining, :D

So, what do you do once you get to your "goal"?

You up your calories to see at what point you stabalise.

My body definitely thinks it's reached it's goal.
I, on the other hand, have different ideas !!

Hi

I know in my case I did nothing different, I just lost weight until I reached my goal and just carried on without changing anything and my weightloss just stopped at goal. I even went through Christmas without putting an ounce on.

I was told to up the fat content of my food if I needed to boost it a little if the weightloss continued but it didn't, it just stopped.

Paul

hiya, i too was told this, but as most people on here know i have had a lot of difficulty with eating and now i'm on a feeding tube as i have lost to much weight, i never stabalised but then i wasnt able to eat properly so that might be the reason. i didn't have the chance to find out if i would stablaise x all the best x

This is what I want to know too.

All I've been told is that you up your fat intake etc but I was really really bad over x mas with food but still lost weight. I've got my food back under control but I haven't been to the gym since x mas.
My team say they want me at 9 1/2st, I was at 11st at the beginning of Jan (not weighed in since) but my friends and family say I need to stop now and my bodys perfect. To be honest I'm over the moon with my body, just needs a bit of toning here and there (plus a good bra!) my GP said not to take any notice of the weight charts on the wall as we're all different and to stop when I'm happy but his not the WL expert.
I've got a check up with my team next week so I'll see what they say but I fear that I'm just another number to them!

Vicky x

This is what I want to know too.

All I've been told is that you up your fat intake etc but I was really really bad over x mas with food but still lost weight. I've got my food back under control but I haven't been to the gym since x mas.
My team say they want me at 9 1/2st, I was at 11st at the beginning of Jan (not weighed in since) but my friends and family say I need to stop now and my bodys perfect. To be honest I'm over the moon with my body, just needs a bit of toning here and there (plus a good bra!) my GP said not to take any notice of the weight charts on the wall as we're all different and to stop when I'm happy but his not the WL expert.
I've got a check up with my team next week so I'll see what they say but I fear that I'm just another number to them!

Vicky x

I would stop when your happy and feel healthy not when a wl expert says so, like your g.p says we are all different and what 11 stone on one person looks like is different to how another person at 11 stone looks, me & my friend were the same weight she was a size 14 and i was a size 26! gods honest truth, we should stop when we feel good and proud, healthy and happy not some bmi chart thats outdated x hope your doing well in what ever choice you make xxx all the best

Back