• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How hard is it to resist the scales?

i have memory boxs for everything haha! thats where my diary will probs end up 2! im so scared of over eating i write everything down! and look at it everyday to make sure im not eating too much.. sad eh but i know im still addicted to food and if i dont put in 100% in then the chances are it could fail! id be gutted! x

The way I do it, is that I do not have any scales in the House. I book an appointment once every two weeks with the nurse at my local surgery. which is no issue for them as it only takes 5 mins. and also the scales they have are as close to accurate as you can get.
I advise avoiding those scales that you find in Supermarkets etc, as they are never accurate. ;)

I used to weigh myself once a week on a Sunday morning. But now I am going to monitor my weight daily. Now I'm in menopause and no longer doing the monthly retention of water I should see a more steady result.
I do weigh myself in kilos though. No likey poundys.

I figure so long as you weigh at the same time of day and the scales are in the same place and same/similar clothes on and only use one set of scales then it should be pretty accurate. Using lots of different scales causes confusions....

I used to weigh myself every friday or saturday without fail at boots. However I did also used to do the wii fit every day and did the daily weigh in, I had some problems with not being able to keep anything down, stopped weighing myself daily and problem stopped. Where the 2 related? Maybe. Now I weigh myslef whenever I feel I need to, maybe thats why my weightloss has slowed right down. My shape is changing though as my clothes are getting bigger and I can now get into a variet of size 16 bottoms and tops, although some of the fitted topes from the catalogue I've had to have a size 20 to get my boobs in (how mad). So you don't always have to go by the scales x x x

hiya hun well im naughtey and i weigh myself way to often and im trying to stop it lol i weigh meself in boots to or on my wii as they both say the same thing lol

Hiya Helen, well I surpose its 4 for me then cause I go on my wii fit scales then again if moi doesnt like what one seeks I go on the wii fit plus scales :8855::8855::8855:then Ime afraid its the best owt of 4 lol
Haha me too, but i am pre op so it might get worse, I will weigh myself at my mums then come home and see if i am the same weight (we live 4 doors apart)
I will also see if the wii thinks i am the same haha.

and hot plate, yes but i can handle hot and you take the plate from the waiter and tense up and hurry and get it to the table x

Omg why! oh Why! do I own upto everything Lol. But at least there is peeps on here who does the same regime as me! Gail x
Rose, I have exactly the same routine as you, every morning after a wee, pj's off and on I jump! :eek: I only record it once a week though. And Gail, like you I have two sets of scales in the bathroom, my digi ones and some normal ones...and yes I too have been known to jump off one and onto the other if I don't like what it says lol!! :D

Cuppa xx

I weigh myself on the 1st of every month, i found in the past if i weighed myself every day my mood would have depended on scales and if i hadnt lost and felt i was good it would have led me to binge eat now im learning staying the same or a small loss is better than gaining. Julie x

yep I thought I was the only one! every day I weigh myself and I am so trying not to! I only weigh on the wii when I have lost on the bathroom scales........my secret is out lol! xxx

Back