• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How has your gastric surgery changed your life

gingernutter

How has your gastric surgery changed your life?

It's Monday lets start the week off on a possitive note.

Would anyone like to share your possitive experiences with WLS

Just for today lets forget the down side for a change and be possitive.

lets make it fun, see who has the funniest experince.

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
For me, it has changed everything.

I am already over a stone less in weight, with the knowledge, it keeps falling off me.

I feel positive, charged, full of energy and that nothing is now out of my reach. I am already planning some mad stuff for next year, like helicopter rides, zorbing and my wedding (I can now have the dress of my dreams not what will fit)

My partner has noticed I am happier and smaller.

I am having my hair done in a salon next week, to reset my hair to a natural blonde, new glasses too, all thanks to my wonderful fella.

Honey, I did this for me but deep down I did it for us, so we can do mad fun stuff, together.

Life now seems rosy, not an endless sea of grey.

Here's to you guys, your words of support and encouragement and downright positivity are infectious.

:D;):D:grouphugg:

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
My life has changed dramatically already. I can shop in the normal section of clothes shops, and not the plus size section! I can go swimming, without feeling like a blimp that everyones laughing at.

Food no longer controls me, I control food. I don't spend most of my day planning my next meal. I don't feel the need to binge eat or to starve myself. If I want chocolate, I have a small amount, not 6 bars.

I can walk better, my walking stick is not a constant aid now, only an occasionaly one.

When I go to partys I dance, without fear of wounding someone with my flailing ripples of fat.

When someone points a camera at me I smile, instead of hide. When the photo appears on facebook, I tag myself, instead of crying and seeking solace in the comfy world that is cadburys.

When my son wants to go on a fairground ride, I go with him! I no longer fear getting stuck, or not fitting. I still have long legs, so it's still not great, but the bar closes without squishing me!

I am not in pain. I don't take prescription strong pain killers on a daily basis. Well, maybe once a month tops. I had forgotten what it felt like to not feel constant pain, it's good.

I can wear socks. I have large feet at a size 8-9, but the fat made them wide too. I could only ever wear mens socks, so told everyone around me that I hated wearing socks and would go bare feet. I'll let you in on a secret, I love socks. Todays are a blue affair with cocktail glasses and cherrys on them! My feet are warm when we go outside. Bliss.

I feel sexy.

I don't feel the need to talk as much. I used to have to be that big and bubbly type to cover my low self esteem and fears. I don't need to be that person any more, I can just be me, and I like to be quiet sometimes.

I care about my appearance. Cos do you know what, my appearance isn't that bad! I have covered up my grey hair, and occasionally moisturise :D

I can eat in public, as I don't feel like everyone's looking at me! What I choose to eat and enjoy eating is healthier, and I enjoy the flavours instead of just seeing how much I can ram down my throat.

Think I'd better stop there!

gingernutter

wow! sounds great! lets hear MORE!!!!!!

thank you folks!

looking forward to wearing socks.....my piggies have missed them! awww

charliegirl

My life has changed dramatically already. I can shop in the normal section of clothes shops, and not the plus size section! I can go swimming, without feeling like a blimp that everyones laughing at.

Food no longer controls me, I control food. I don't spend most of my day planning my next meal. I don't feel the need to binge eat or to starve myself. If I want chocolate, I have a small amount, not 6 bars.

I can walk better, my walking stick is not a constant aid now, only an occasionaly one.

When I go to partys I dance, without fear of wounding someone with my flailing ripples of fat.

When someone points a camera at me I smile, instead of hide. When the photo appears on facebook, I tag myself, instead of crying and seeking solace in the comfy world that is cadburys.

When my son wants to go on a fairground ride, I go with him! I no longer fear getting stuck, or not fitting. I still have long legs, so it's still not great, but the bar closes without squishing me!

I am not in pain. I don't take prescription strong pain killers on a daily basis. Well, maybe once a month tops. I had forgotten what it felt like to not feel constant pain, it's good.

I can wear socks. I have large feet at a size 8-9, but the fat made them wide too. I could only ever wear mens socks, so told everyone around me that I hated wearing socks and would go bare feet. I'll let you in on a secret, I love socks. Todays are a blue affair with cocktail glasses and cherrys on them! My feet are warm when we go outside. Bliss.

I feel sexy.

I don't feel the need to talk as much. I used to have to be that big and bubbly type to cover my low self esteem and fears. I don't need to be that person any more, I can just be me, and I like to be quiet sometimes.

I care about my appearance. Cos do you know what, my appearance isn't that bad! I have covered up my grey hair, and occasionally moisturise :D

I can eat in public, as I don't feel like everyone's looking at me! What I choose to eat and enjoy eating is healthier, and I enjoy the flavours instead of just seeing how much I can ram down my throat.

Think I'd better stop there!

Oh shel I so want these things too, I know just what you mean...xx

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
its changed my life in all aspects not just physically but emotionally also, i used to be shy a recluse not wanting to go out, mix or talk to people, now im the total oposite, im out going love to party chat to people my confidence is there 100% now, i can now play with my 8 year old run after him play tigg, go swimming with him which he loves as i could not do that 3 years ago b4 i lost my weight. i can now go into any shop and buy what i like, not what i think will be the only thing that will fit, which is a really good feeling. i dont have to worry about seats out in public and think will i be able to fit in them. also people treat me differently to how they did when i was overweight, b4 i felt like i was classed as a worthless no body that was fat lazy and people presumed i was stupid, now my opinion counts for something, its strange and it annoys me how ppl can judge someone like that on there size. some people that i havent seen in a long time dont even reconise me, and a old freind reconised my hubby and presumed i was a new his new partner and asked where i was i said its me liz, that was weird experience, but a positive one !

i could go on typing, but i wont all i can say its the best thing i ever done and the only regret i have is that i didnt look into it EARLIER !

best wishes
liz xx

Cat321

Shrinking
Having this surgery has meant the world to me. Not only has it made me lose weight (which is brill in itself) it's given me back my confidence. I feel on top of the world, I feel prettier and have started to care about how I look again, I'm so much healthier - the thought of walking to the corner shop does not fill me with fear anymore!

There are so many other reasons, like being able to have a baby one day now (which probably wouldn't have happened if I was as I was before) but I can only say what a brilliant, positive thing this has been for me and I wouldn't change any bit of it for the world! If I had to do it all again I would in a heartbeat!

wannaloose18stone

From The Black Country
Total life change for me, I'm now able to drive again, walk around the shops, wash myself, dress myself, put clothes back because there TO BIG........lol amongst other things. I've also noticed I'm no longer stared at in public.