• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How I Wish It Was My Turn

sugga

Oh, how I wish it was my turn, woke up feeling a bit down today i must say. I go for my pre - op next Wednesday, but then got 3 to 4 months to wait. Its just not fair. Sorry for rabbiting on and dont think im not grateful but the ups and downs that go with this journey are sometimes quite bad.
Im just grateful to be given this chance and shouldnt moan. Anyway iv had my moan and it can stop right now. Ok its stopped lol x

Oh sweetie (hugs).

3-4 months at any other time would fly by but for you it will seem to drag I know. Put a calender up and cross off each day at a time, before you know it there will only be a few more to cross off.

Totally understand how you feel, after all, we've all been there & had 2 wait. My op is next Tuesday but I will have waited about 14 months from beginning to end. It is hard when reading on here about others going for their ops, but time really does pass quite quickly as it draws closer xxx

Oh Sugga, Sometimes one has to moan. I know that waiting can be demoralising, especially when you read the stories of all the others who have had their surgery. However, you have a date to look forward to and extra time to make yourself even fitter for surgery. You never know, you could be brought forward!!!

Good on you for picking yourself up and staying motivated. Although the days drag, the time will fly by as you have all the preparation for Christmas. When you're on the losers bench it will be sale time and you can bag yourself some bargains in smaller sizes.

Sending lots of hugs.

Rebirth

Sending huge hugs to you honey. I remember feeling very blue at the long wait this time last year. And very frustrated too! I wasn't even on the waiting list then! And it felt like the date would NEVER come.
I waited 18 months in all. But eventually the day DID come, and now I'm here enjoying the benefits! Your day will come too sweety.
Hang in in there, and have a moan when you need to.......but stay on here to stay motivated! I wish I had! I was only thinking last night...if I could have eaten healthily pre-op, I could be a couple of stones closer to target now.

Sending big hugs. xxxx

Sugga.......I am soooo feeling your pain! Ive said this many times but the waiting REALLY is the pits! I am so impatient I want it yesterday and its been a killer having to wait almost 2 years for this op. I am literally days away now and looking back it doesnt seem to have been so long, your turn will come :D Hold on hun X

OMG, yes, the exercise bike will definitely cheer you up :rotflmao:.....pmsl!!! Waiting for something you desperately want is hideous, especially if you are impatient like dottychic :D (lol, & me!), but honestly, suddenly weeks have gone by & you are that little bit closer to where you want to be. As for my op, I know many are very nervous before hand but I'm really not at all. I am very well-informed, I know the risks & potential complications, I am being realistic about the end result (well, let's face it, I'm never going to be a Kate Moss) & if I die on the table (would feel very seen off if that happened but it really isn't something I'm concerned about), I won't know a thing about it anyway!!! xxx

I know what you mean I went for my first appointment Sept 2009 still got about 6 months to wait, Karen x

Thankyou for all your replys i feel much better now. It doesnt help that i only work part time so have a lot of time on my hands to sit and dwell.
I think some of my worry is about the fact that im now wishing my life away because i so much want an operation lol. If it wasnt wls i was having i would be in a right state with the thought of an up and coming op. Its weird isnt it x

Ive had to wait 2 years...

I know how frustrating it is, but stick with it and it will soon be here :)

Sugga my suggestion to you is the opposite to some of the others....

If i was you i'd hide the flipping calendar - i stopped focusing on days/months leading up to my surgery. Instead just live your life normally, act as if your still trying to lose the weight for your surgeon if thats what you need to do (not sure what rules are for regains sorry). Be a good patient and your time will come a lot quicker...

You could spend the time getting ready for Christmas xx

Sugga my suggestion to you is the opposite to some of the others....

If i was you i'd hide the flipping calendar - i stopped focusing on days/months leading up to my surgery. Instead just live your life normally, act as if your still trying to lose the weight for your surgeon if thats what you need to do (not sure what rules are for regains sorry). Be a good patient and your time will come a lot quicker...

You could spend the time getting ready for Christmas xx

I agree. I tried very hard not to think about surgery n between my third appointment (September 09) and May this year. I think I would've lost my mind if I'd focussed too much. Just get on with life, keep busy, and the time will go faster. xxxxx

i know exactly how you feel, i am still jumping through the hoops before i even get referred!

Just keep jumping girl, you'll get there eventually! I was so desperate at the beginning of the year I was seriously considering if there was any way to pay for it privately, but we simply couldn't afford it. We all have days/weeks/months when this is all we can think about but you still have to life your life while you are waiting...your time will come I promise xx

Hello Sugga,
Keep positive and keep training your body and mind for the changes ahead... this time is useful for preparation so get a plan... of diet, exercise and new routine... it makes the time go more quickly, you are helping yourself, your surgeon will be pleased and the time is rolling on, don't focus on time, focus on you and making you feel better from now until then.

Much love and hugs, Bev xxx

i used to feel the same as its 2.5years since i first applied for funding but my op is almost here finally! However at the beginning of the summer i decided i was not sitting around waiting and moping but have spent 2 to 3 months having a blast. In fact I've run out of time and had to cancel a few engagements lol it'll soon be here :) x x x

i know how you feel i went to my doctors and they wont refer me untill i have tried ALL they can throw at me, at the moment i am on orlistat, lost 4lb the first month ( after a few accidents!) and nothing the 2nd now on the 3rd month so will see how i get on!
But good luck with yr pre-op though x

Back