• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How it went today at the L&D 8-)

lisa x

is very happy!
I emailed this to a friend earlier so i though to save typing I would put it on here...:D
Its been a long day and I am emotionally exhausted....plus my dog is really really sick..:cry:..but all in all a good day...

I filled in a questionnaire..(very long one!)
Then I got took to see a nurse who did height, weight and took blood pressure and bloods along with some small talk about bariatric surgery. Also had an ECG done.

Then I saw a physician
We went through my medical history and he said that I was a great candidate for bariatric surgery.
He gave me some names and papers to research when I asked my questions/worries concerning the diabetes.
He said that I would be more suited for a bypass but that is to be discussed in more detail with the surgeon.

My surgery will be in 6-9 months from today..I have to complete a food diary,and log all my blood sugars.

In 3 months time I will have a triple appointment with a dietitian ,psychologist and surgeon...at that appointment I will be put on a milk diet to lose 5% of my weight(they give you a month)..
Once I have done that and all being well with the psychologist I will be put on list for surgery..

I was told they always run behind and I would be chatting with everyone in the weighting room..but to be honest I was in and out in a flash..I was there for one and half hours in total....so really didn't get chatting with anyone...
everyone was extremely nice....

So to conclude ..I still have a lot of questions..but get to see a surgeon in 3 months..I am sure it will fly past with the run up to Christmas and all that...:D

glad all went well and next 3 months zoom past xx

Great news hun :D Im really pleased for you! 3 months will fly by, like you say Christmas will make your wait easier ..........woohoooo Im chuffed for you XXX

It sounds like its gone brilliant Lisa. You're on your way now and the time will fly by. L&D sound very organised. I'm so pleased for you.

sounds like a good start hun!!!!

i can't remember when my first appointment was, i think i was in denile i was doing this thing ~lol~

we will have to see if we have any appointments on the same day ~lol~

Well done Lisa and you have done so well from the earlier hiccups you had to sort out.

I am also thinking of your poorly dog... one of the worst things for me... when my pets are poorly... keep me posted.

Loving hugs as always... xxx

sounds like a good start hun!!!!

i can't remember when my first appointment was, i think i was in denile i was doing this thing ~lol~

we will have to see if we have any appointments on the same day ~lol~
Don't worry..I will be posting when the next appointment appears..I wont be able to contain my excitement lol
I cant wait for the psychologist bit...
I am intrigued to know what I will be asked...

how are getting on hun x x

Well done Lisa and you have done so well from the earlier hiccups you had to sort out.

I am also thinking of your poorly dog... one of the worst things for me... when my pets are poorly... keep me posted.

Loving hugs as always... xxx
The dog is better after seeing the vet on Friday..HE was being sick every time I fed him..it went on for nearly a week.
It cost me a small fortune but he has stopped being sick and begging for food again(the best sign he is better lol)
I will take him back later in the week to get the all clear...
The dog is 13 yrs old ..i was worried for a moment that his time was up..he was really poorly bless him..amazing what some drugs can do nowwa days.

I have to admit,despite the hiccups earlier on,i am pleased to finally get my foot in the surgeons door..
At last I am getting some help...:cool:
I am one happy and lucky lady bev. x x

Hi Lisa - so pleased that things are beginning to move at last. Good Luck with your next appointment, let us know how it goes. Once Christmas has gone it will be here in no time.

Sorry to hear about you`re poorly dog; what is wrong with him. How old and what breed? You can probably tell that I love dogs and hate to hear that any of them are poorly; or any animal as it happens.

Take care hun x

Best wishes and Love Kat x

Don't worry..I will be posting when the next appointment appears..I wont be able to contain my excitement lol
I cant wait for the psychologist bit...
I am intrigued to know what I will be asked...

how are getting on hun x x

I am doing ok.....still on this milk diet which is ok, tho the weekend was hell...i have done my 5% which is what they ask, so unless i put on any form now till i see the dietitian again i am good :)

I checked my diary earlier my 1st appointment was June the 18th - my Triple appointment was the 4th of october so that was 3 months ish.

The triple appointment was ok kinda long but good...tho the psychiatrist wasn't there on that day but they said they would try and get me a appointment soon ;-/ though the dietician said i may not need one.

hope you get your appointment soon!!!

The time will Fly, you'll see but the main thing is your Journey has begun!!!!

Back