• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long befor your back on your feet

girly girl

Hi was just trying to work out child care for after op i have a little boy(little hes 7) that needs a wheelchair to get to school (i push him) its only a 10 min walk but was thinking will i be ok to take him or am i going to have to get some help i have my op on a fri then thinking im not really going to be able to take him on mon.
So how long befor you were back on you feet.
Thanks
xxxx

You need to get the advice from your surgical team honey. The walking will be fine even from Monday, but pushing a wheelchair might be a problem for several days even weeks.

Your wounds though small still pose a hernia risk so you need to take care.

Ask the surgeon and get as much help as you need from the local social services or family and friends.

Take care and the best of luck babe xxx

Hi Lisa it must be a worry for you thinking about child care post op
I am still pre op but there will be plenty who can give you some advice though everyone is different after the op so it is hard to say sometimes what will happen
I do wish you well and hope it all sorts out without any hitches

Jay xx

hello lisa i was fine walking after a few days but it took 2 weeks befor i could push my son in a pushchair so i would 2nd what karlos has said and ask the team for advice x x x

Hi Lisa

I am 2 weeks post op. I have had no problems walking around since immediately after the op but genuinely feel that even at this stage I would struggle to push anything. I constantly having a pulling/tight sensation across my tummy and I feel that pushing a wheelchair would be too much in the early stages. I would definitely second the advice set out above and that you should get some help at least for the first couple of weeks.

All the best.

x

Im a bander but would still advise you to get someone to take him to school for you for a couple of weeks. It would'nt hurt for you to walk with them so you're still with him but be very careful of doing any damage to what will be a delicate tumxx

I'd say no to pushing the wheelchair hun, you might pull something before you're healed properly:eek:

Back