• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Major life change and not just my bypass

hopelesscase

Oh well DDay is looming the yp who is an absolute delight but also severly autistic that i have fostered for the past 9 years is moving on from me on monday. Although i am excited for him i am also so sad as we as a family are going to miss him sooooo much he has such a big personality and has bough so much pleasure into our lives.
I am then having a couple of weeks break befor starting introductions with my new families as i am going back to doing short break care with children with disabilities. I will then hopefully have my op and then a couple of weeks recovery befor the children start visiting.
Its going to feel so strange just me and my 19yr old son at home for the next 8 weeks.
Im going to get busy making home made soups etc and stocking the freezer up with meals for my son for when i have my op.
But im feeling pretty emotional at the moment but know im doing the right things:cry:

Hi HC
I'm in Farnworth too so if you ever want a chat about the op and what you can expect (I know how difficult those few weeks before your op can be) we can arrange to meet up if you like?
Just to let you know I'm there if needed/
x

:cry:It must be so hard to let them go - the hardest bit about fostering I should imagine? Just be conforted knowing you have done a grand job with him & made a huge difference to his life, as you do with any of the children you foster I am sure :grouphugg:

HC, I work with foster carers as you know, and often support YP through transition periods. If we had more foster carers as good as you my job would be a lot easier :) You do a wonderful thing and you've helped this young man so much. It's natural to 'grieve' when children leave home, so let the emotions through and that way you can heal and go on to help many others x

Thanks everyone hes still fast asleep as hes all partied out. He had his last visit to his short break care unit friday and they had a party for him, we had had a party for him on sat and then last night we were at a showing of a DVD that some of his friends had made at a local night club so had a late night.
Hes not going till 4pm so going to go out for lunch and then it will be time to take him and all his belongings.
Think its going to be a long day but the fridge is empty as ive not been shopping.
HC

Enjoy the day together HC, and here's a :hug99: for if you need it later x

I work with looked after children, so foster carers and residential care staff come as an added extra for me :)

Back