• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long did u bandsters have off work

Slim4son

H guys I have decided to let people know at work however told today as was elective surgery I need to use as 1week Hols and having 1 week unpaid this is company policy and we have also checked with the union but you know wht I totally understand j have a fantastic management team great work place and love the support everyone been amazing at the support

I work in an office can I ask when you fell fit to go back to work guys don't wanna to go back to soon after and at same time don't wanamaker be watching day time tv xx I having at the hospital Dolan park with dr siggurdson

Hi

I work in an office but drive alot too. I was back at work after a week but no travelling that week. I took annual leave too.

Everyone is different though, see how you feel but dont rush back x

Hi, I had a week off which I took as holiday (didn't tell anyone I was having the op). Could probably have done with a couple of extra days as I was v tired but as it's an office job wasn't too bad. Good luck x

I don't want to tell anyone either and also have an office job; op booked for Saturday 13th August (still an age away but couldn't book any holiday sooner) and need to be back in work the following Saturday, hoping I will be ok, but it is a worry x

Hi
I had my surgery on the wednesday and my husband had to go back to work on the friday, so i was looking after a 1yr old and 5yr old alone! Much more physically demanding than any job i have had! and i was fine, so a week will be ample.
I had no pain at all post op apart from the wind pain, so don't worry

x

Hi
I had my surgery on the wednesday and my husband had to go back to work on the friday, so i was looking after a 1yr old and 5yr old alone! Much more physically demanding than any job i have had! and i was fine, so a week will be ample.
I had no pain at all post op apart from the wind pain, so don't worry

x

Well I work full time and have a child! lol and Im sure many of us are / were in that situation. My partner went back to work the day after my op - whilst I was ok I stand by my statement that everyone is different.

Some people take a good few days to get the anesthetic out of their system, some really suffer with wind and some have a lot of post op pain.

Listen to 'your' body ;)

I had a week off, I only told certain people & took it as holiday, I had my op on a Monday, supposed to be back in on the Friday to work, there was no way I could go in, rang in sick, think it effects people differently. I was just so tired & sore.. 4 weeks on & I'm fighting fit! Good luck.. & remember it's all for the best in the long run .
Julie xx

Hi guys well originally i was told as elective surgery however I now need to get a letter from surgeon to say it's for my health I am doing this and they will give me as sick and I don't now need to use my Hols qanat do you thinker siggurdson will do this for me whn I see him for my consultation tomorrow xx

I had mine done on a Thursday and had to fly back from Southampton the next day, not a good day! Went back to work on the Wednesday, apart from a really sore shoulder and wind I coped fine. x

A week is about good for most people I have spoken to, I took a week and a half and was only a little tired when I got back. x x

Our office is closed for a week from 11th july until 15th july and my op is on the 12th July. Back from Belgium on 15th and back to work the 18th if all goes well.

Back