• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long does it last?

shaneeZ

Hey everyone.

I had my sleeve done Friday, so i guess im 4 days post op.Was wondering how long it will be before i can start walking around comfortably? At the moment it feels so heavy like theres a lot of pressure on my stomach and its so uncomfortable. I havent had any painkillers since day of op simply because I can't stand the taste of the soluble ones. they make me feel sick :(

You will feel a bit better everyday no-one can say "Yes you will be fine on day 10" because we all heal at different rates by week 2 you should be able to walk around with out pain.Try some gentle walking around the house or in the garden at first . Mark your pain/discomfort out of 10. You will soon be able to do more just be patient.
It took me 10 weeks before I felt "normal" again

As for pain killers children's sugar free paracetamol (Calpol) from the chemist is the best way to go.
HTH

Hi Shaneeze as Wendy says everyone is different but you should feel a bit better every day just dont try rushing your healing process. Good luck for a speedy recovery

hi there i had a band sat just gone . on sunday i thought or my god take it back out . monday not so bad today so much better . so hope u feel ok x

Thanks so much for the response guys. I feel great! I got my staples out, and can actually get myself out of bed now. I'm walking much more comfortably as well. So excited to just get on this journey now :)

Back