• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long does jelly keep?

Miss Tickle

Hiya, Does anyone know how long sugar free jelly keeps in the fridge? The pots are too dear so I've bought the powders and wondered if I could make them all up one a Sunday night for the week! I'm having a whole one a day!
Ta

It should keep for a week in the fridge no problem. :)

Why not just make one each morning when you make your morning cuppa?

Funny you mentioning jelly, I've just eaten a bowlful myself lol :D

When i used to eat a lot of jelly i used to make the new one as i finished the old one, usually the night before.... also it sounds gross but you can mix the flavours :)

Delish lol xx

I had to eat Jelly on my pre-op diet, but I hate the stuff. :(

When i used to eat a lot of jelly i used to make the new one as i finished the old one, usually the night before.... also it sounds gross but you can mix the flavours :)

Delish lol xx

Sounds good to me! I made two today, one lime and one orange, so had some each tonight :)

Sounds good to me! I made two today, one lime and one orange, so had some each tonight :)

No Twiggie you misunderstand, you should have made both jellies in one bowl, you would have had a St Clements.... Strawberry n blackcurrant is also a good combo a bit black forest gateaux styley lol..

Be adventurous lol

No Twiggie you misunderstand, you should have made both jellies in one bowl, you would have had a St Clements.... Strawberry n blackcurrant is also a good combo a bit black forest gateaux styley lol..

Be adventurous lol

No, I knew what you meant, just not tried it myself yet. I'm guessing you'd add 2pints of water if you use two packs together?

I've got lime, raspberry and orange jellies. They'd sold out of strawberry and blackcurrant last time I bought some, bet it was you buying them all lol ;)

Saying nothing twiggie lol

I also like making them half n half with muller light yoghurts makes a nice sweet treat if your watching the calories lol xx

Saying nothing twiggie lol

I also like making them half n half with muller light yoghurts makes a nice sweet treat if your watching the calories lol xx

I remember when we were kids my mum used to make a kind of mousse by waiting until the jelly was half set then whisking in some evaporated milk and put back in fridge to set.

Wish I knew the quantities but I'm guessing maybe half and hour so it sets ok. I think you can get "light" evaporated milk now so might be worth a try :)

Twiggie my mum did the same but put it in a pastry case !

Twiggie, my mum used to do that too but mixed Jelly with Instant Whip.

It was Carnation evaporated milk in our house. And my mum whisked it with her Kenwood Chefette. By gawd, we wuz posh. We'd have that after the one tin of Irish stew padded out with extra veg, an Oxo and thickened up with Bisto. Between 6 on us!
Well I've just had half a jelly to myself. Yum, yum.
I wonder if you can whisk half a pint of skimmed into it when you're doing the milk diet and get the same effect lol

Back