• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long in hospital after Bypass??

Andrea73

Hi All

I'm due to have my bypass on Saturday with Mr Ammori and have been told I'll get home on the Sunday.

How long has everyone else been in or plans to be in hospital for? I'm having keyhole surgery by the way.

Cheers, Andrea

Hi, I was admitted the night before surgery and the day of surgery I spent the night on CCU then 1 night back on ward so a total of 3 nights, hope this helps.
Best of luck on Saturday I bet you can't wait until it's all done and dusted!:)
P.S Mine was keyhole too.

I had keyhole - went in on the day of surgery, spent one night in ITU (standard for my hospital) and the second night on the ward and then out so 48 hours in total! Good luck.

I am starting to get a bit nervous now and the pre-op diet is killing me! What pre-op diet did you follow? My mum asked me today if I was definitely going ahead with it. I was like Um Yeah.

Hi Andrea - Good luck for the op hun! I spent one night in hospital. I had surgery Monday morning and was home Tuesday tea x

My op is scheduled for a Friday with Mr Ammori and I was told I would go home on Sunday.

I am having my op at the Alexandra in Cheadle. Where are you having yours?

Hi Andrea, i also had Mr Ammori. I went into the hospital at 7.30am on the Friday and was out by 10am on the Saturday :) Goooood luck xxx

I had to be in at Salford Royal at 7am on the Thursday, went down to Theatre at 12 noon and came home on the Friday at 4.30pm after having keyhole surgery. Good luck with everything you are in safe hands XX

Thanks everyone. I was starting to get worried that I was getting let out too soon.

FL - I'm having my op at Spire Manchester. My OH and kids are coming down with me on Friday night and we'll all leave to go back home on the Sunday. We live outside of Edinburgh so its a fair treck! They were hoping to get Man U tickets but can't seem to get their hands on them. Good luck for your op.

Thanks! Good luck to you as well. It is a fair trek for us as well. I am taking the train up by myself on Thursday night and my husband and kids will come up to get me on Sunday.

I was planning on going myself but that got kind of overruled. Everyone else thought it would be better having people around me when I wake up.

My husband thought the same until he watched my three year old twins climb all over me.

Back