• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long was you in hospital?

lisa x

is very happy!
Hi..:wave_cry:
Could you tell me how long you were in hospital for...?
After reading some diaries I have sort of concluded its about 3 days(4 if you go in the night before)
I am looking at a bypass or sleeve at the Luton and Dunstable ...but just wondered how long they keep you in for...
(mainly so I can tell my mum how long she will have the kids :Dlol)
thanks xx

Lisa, I had a bypass done and stayed in 2 nights i could have come out the next day but because of distance i had to travel stayed the extra night.

I had my op on Thursday and came home today. would have been yesterday but there was a discrepancy in my swallow test do I had to starve an extra day x

hi Lisa, both my daughter and myself had to be at the hospital at 7am the day of the surgery "they will tell you at your pre op appointment where you are on the list, we were both first to go down", so counting the day of surgery average is 3 days, but it could be longer if there are any problems.PLEASE DON'T PANIC AT THIS because problems could just be something stupid like your oxygen levels are not up enough or prescription isn't ready or it's snowing and your hubby cant get to the hospital to pick you up.

i had my surgery early friday morning, and came home sunday teatime.

One night for me, had op Thursday lunch and came home Friday tea.... Cos i'm such a good girl :) (psst where's the angel icon?) xxx

Or they were desperate for a bed :) x

I was bypassed at L&D went in sunday night had my op 8.30 am monday left wednesday afternoon. A lot depends on your recovery I was lucky had no probs or pain

hi Lisa, both my daughter and myself had to be at the hospital at 7am the day of the surgery "they will tell you at your pre op appointment where you are on the list, we were both first to go down", so counting the day of surgery average is 3 days, but it could be longer if there are any problems.PLEASE DON'T PANIC AT THIS because problems could just be something stupid like your oxygen levels are not up enough or prescription isn't ready or it's snowing and your hubby cant get to the hospital to pick you up.
Thanks Sue...
I will send you a email..
"we"..does that mean Erin has had her operation????
I thought it was postponed until December???

i am wondering if i will be called in the night before to be put on insulin the night before....(not sure what the drill is for that???question questions lol)

Well at least I can tell my mum 3to 4 days lol...I don't think she can handle my son for that long....lol

I was bypassed at L&D went in sunday night had my op 8.30 am monday left wednesday afternoon. A lot depends on your recovery I was lucky had no probs or pain
Thanks Sue...
can I ask why they had you in the night before...was it the distance you had to travel..??

hiya
i went in the day of my op and was in 2 nights, there were no complications
xxx

One night for me, had op Thursday lunch and came home Friday tea.... Cos i'm such a good girl :) (psst where's the angel icon?) xxx

Or they were desperate for a bed :) x
wow that is a short time..am i right in saying yours was an open op too???

Yes Lisa, mine was open! I must admit i felt rough (not unwell) when i left but there was no way i was staying once they said i could go! As i've said before my bypass surgery was very kind to me - we have a mutual love for each other xx

I had to be there at the L & D for 11am on the day of surgery (Monday) had op at 3.30pm and came home on the Wednesday lunch time.

Thanks Sharon and Julie..
I remember when I had my babies (by section) I was itching to get home...
Julie I am shocked to be honest that after major surgery ..you were sent home the day after...!

thanks Sharon...its nice to know where i stand really...

I better start buttering up my mum now huh..lol

I went in the night before because of distance and I was 1st on the list

I was admitted the day before (Monday), had op Tuesday...lots of complications unfortunately, though nothing major in the end. Finally came home Saturday..so 6 days in all...and they'd have liked to keep me another day!:eek::eek::eek: I think by the sound of it, my experience was unusual....no wonder I felt so fed up!
But I'd still do it all again Lisa!

Back