• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long in hospital?

bypass2012

Just a quick question to see how long use were kept in hospital for? I'm gettin a bypass and unsure how many change of clothes I should take or what to take with me? .... Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
Kim

I went in 7am Friday, op at 10am and was home by 2pm Saturday. Felt rather quick but as long as all bodily functions working they seem happy to let you go! Good luck x x

It depends wot hospital. I went in the Thursday at 3pm had op 9am Friday and all being well would have been allowed home Sunday. I was still in pain so it was Monday I got home.
I took
3 sets of pjs (my partner had to bring me another set tho)
Dressing gown
Slippers
Bed socks
Toiletries (for shower, teeth, deodorant)
2 towels
Hair brush
Phone and charger
Money for the tv and hospital shop
Bottle of robinsons nas squash
Medication
My own blanket and pillow (I like my home comforts lol)
I wore loose clothing the day I went in so just folded them and wore them on my journey home to.
Magazines, books etc
I also took my hair straighteners (my fringe curls after a shower if I don't straighten it)

Hope this helps xx

That's great, just gettin my stuff together so ur list helps a lot :) I'm that excited I'm packing a week early haha :) xx

I had my op on Monday afternoon and was home on Thursday.
I took toiletries, magazines, a towel, 2 nightdresses (and my partner brought me another one in), dressing gown, clean underwear and I had loose clothing that I wore to hospital to go home in, facial wipes, hand cream ....

Good luck - exciting stuff eh?

I Went in on a tueday morning and was sent home Thursday afternoon. Uclh are trying to reduce time in hospital to 36hours.

I had op Wednesday home on the Friday, took two sets of pj's as in gown after operation until next morning, don't need loads you will sleep a fair bit, visitors brought magazines as they couldn't bring choc or fruit!!! X - oh remember lip salve my lips were soooo dry x

I was very quick, had my op early Thursday afternoon and was allowed to go home Friday teatime, this was at L&D for a by-pass

I had my bypass at the manor Op Mon afternoon and home thurs evening

I spoke to the chelsfield hospital and they said I'd be going in and having the op Tuesday and going home on friday.

Vicky x

I had to be in Franbrough hospital at 6pm on Wednesday (to make sure you have a bed) had op Friday home Tuesday the man who went in with me had his bed wednesday the same as me but they said they do not do anything till thursday so if he want to go and come back at 7am that would be fine but then he waited till 7pm for another bed. I was glad I waited xx

Back