• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long in hospital??

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Hi there,

Just a quick question, how long where you all in hospital? Seems loads of different lengths and I was just wondering what the average is?

My hospital quite away from my home and my husband doesn't drive, plus I don't want to be away from my little girl long time...

I was bypassed on the tuesday morning, and was discharged on friday (about lunchtime). That was from Luton & Dunstable Hospital. I spent the first night in HDU, then was moved to the surgical ward.

I went in Tuesday was let home Friday morning. The others all went home Thursday that was QA

I had my op on the wednesday and was home on the thursday afternoon xx

Thanks ladies. xx

I had my op on the tuesday afternoon and got home on the thursday late morning x

Hiya Pinky,

Oh, I not happy with that..... I would feel a little bit better if it was 2 days???!!! Just to make sure. I will ask on Friday when I go for my pre op.

How did your appointment go?

I had my op on Friday morning and was discharged Sunday afternoon... so i think it depends on the hospital your at... i had my bypass at Charing Cross hospital in Hammersmith

I was done first thing on Friday morning and was home by 3pm on the Saturday afternoon. Think I would've gone insane with boredom if I'd stayed any longer as there was no TV! :)

H xx

Think I can manage that Twink, wouldn't feel 'safe' only staying in overnight!!!!

It was 2 nights for me at the Spire Manchester. They said if I wasnt diabetic it would have just been 1.

Good luck with your hunni.

x

My hospital (Sheffield) have you in intensive care for one night then one night back in your room before discharge the next day. 1 night seems much too quick, to me. Better ask your team is it worries you, chick xxx :)

I was discharged the afternoon after my op had op about 11 was discharged 4 the nxt day x

Why did you need to go to ITU ?
I have been told 2 or 3 nights x

I went to HDU because I have sleep apnoea and they always send s.a. Patients there as a precaution

That's the bit that worries me. I am having mine in 3 weeks time - have to check in at 8.ooam and all being well they will discharge the next morning. I would prefer to stay in longer just to make sure everything is working as it should be.

I had my op at walsall manor on Mon morning and was discharges Thurs evening.The Mon evening was touch and go for me as to whether I went to HDU as I was vomiting blood but went to main ward after. All I wanted to do apart from keep begging for the cathiter to be taken out was sleep.
Iam still tender and sore but no actual pain

Back