• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long were you bypassers in hospital for?

hopelesscase

Just trying to get my head around how long peeps were in hospital for when having their bypass. and were you NHS or Private

Last edited:
I was in for 7 days

I was in for 2 nights, in on Wednesday out on Friday.

NHS at Regency Macclesfield. Op time approx 11.00am.

Last edited:
Three nights... in on Thursday at 7:30am, was walking down to the theatre by 8:15am :)

They kicked me out on the Sunday (I tried to stay for longer, so I could grab one last eyeball of Shaw, but alas... :rolleyes:)

Teehehe :D

x

Last edited:
i was in for 3 days and i went private i couldnt get nhs even though i ha a bmi of 65 lol, but worth every penny xxx

Even though you met all the NICE criteria?! :eek:

That's not good... I mean, yes it's worth every penny as you can't put a price on health and getting your life back, but it's a damn shame you didn't get funding, baba :(

x

Went in for 11am in morning, had op at seven at night, two nights in total, normal procedure at the Thornbury in Sheffield (depending on health related issues!) I went privately to them but they also perform bypass surgery on nhs patients there as well. x

Hi i was only in 1 night. i had the op first thing on the thursday morning and was back home by lunchtime friday x

There was me thinking i was going to get at least a weeks attention. LOL. Ironic really there i was in hospital for 2 nights having a minor op on my shoulder and major op some of you only got 1 night.
In reality the less time in hospital the better but i supose it depends on each individual

Same as James192 for me as I was at Spire Leeds too - NHS though! Lucky me! x

James and Cat, which surgeon did you have, Mr Pollard?

I'm having him on oct 21st and have been worried about time in hospital too, don't like the thought of being in a week, away from my little boy, so great thread.

Mr Pollard said i would hav op on tuesday, soi would go in on monday evening, and be out on friday but i';m really hoping i'll be out sooner than that. I'll be at St James, Leeds.

Hi,

I was in hospital for 3 nights. In Wednesday morning, out Saturday lunch! I was private in Belgium. Excellent care in hospital. Stayed in the hotel on the Saturday night then travelled back to Germany on the Sunday! i was so glad to be back in my own bed!:D

Kel xx

Hi Wobbles

Yes I had Mr Pollard - really lovely man, puts you at ease and has done a great job for me.

I know its hard in the weeks leading up to the op, I got quite down but the day I went in everything suddenly went calm and I felt really positive.

I'm not sur about the procedure at St James, but at Spire I don't think leaving earlier was an option. I think I needed that time there just to rest, feel comfortable and be able to do a bit more for myself.

Any questions just ask, but I'd say you are in great hands with Mr Pollard.

Cx

Back