• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long post-op did you wait until you weighed yourself???

Meggie

Just wondering as I don't know how long I can wait!! Obviously I know I wouldn't have lost much, if any 5 days out, and I have taken the scales out of the bathroom to stop myself!!! How long did you wait??

Also, how long did everybody lose on their liquid stage of the post-op diet??

It was 4 weeks post op when I got weighed at the hospital then a further 3 months after that. Then I got my next appointment 6 months after and I knew I had to get some scales to weigh myself to keep a track on it!

as soon as I could walk to the bathroom comfortably I weighed myself, so I think that was 4 days post op, and have weighed myself almost every day since!

I waited a couple of days. But now regret having my scales. After an 8 day stall from day 11 after my op, I'm becoming a compulsive weigher! Moved them into the dining room from the bath room, but I keep going down in the morning and checking.

I was dying to weigh myself as soon as I got home but I waited a week after surgery as I didn't want to be disappointed if I had gained some with all the IV fluids etc.
I was thrilled when I saw I had lost 9lb the first week.

Lost 28lbs since VSG YiPPEE!!!!

Ooh I waited about 24 hours and found I had gained 5lbs which I knew was fluid. Then waited a week and found I had lost 10lbs. Then inteneded to keep it to weekly but I became obsesssed because for weeks 2, 3 and 4 I stalled and was going nuts. Lost again on week 5 and now back to weighing weekly.

Back