• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Little Aston Hospital

Patsy

Hi All:). Has anybody had their op (whether bypass or band) at Little Aston Hospital. Walsall rang me and said that they may carry out my operation there:D.

I just wanted to know what the facilities were like, what I need to bring (dvd player, bath towels etc). Also wanted to now what the visiting hours were like, and how long your stay was.

Thanks in advance:D.

Patys, Hellensmellons and Lamornamiss had there ops at Little Aston. They'll be along shortly am sure...

Are they giving you a new date or just saying you may be going there?

I also heard they are releasing some dates soon but only for little Aston so you could get lucky, if I remember right but don't quote me as far as I can remember there are no set times for visiting it's something like 8am till 9pm

good luck and I hope you get a date soon

Hi I had my op at Little Aston. There were towels in the room but I took my own and a T.V in the room. They were really good with visiting my husband waited in the room for me till I came down from op and stayed with me till 9-10pm and I stayed in for 2 nights.I found everyone really lovely and helpful Im sure everyone has different views this is just my opinion. If there is anything else post away! Hope this helps.

Patys, Hellensmellons and Lamornamiss had there ops at Little Aston. They'll be along shortly am sure...

Are they giving you a new date or just saying you may be going there?

Hi All, thanks for replies. Julie my date may possibly be a week earlier, at Little Aston and op carried out by Mr Khan as opposed to Ms Hiettman;).

Hi I had my op at Little Aston. There were towels in the room but I took my own and a T.V in the room. They were really good with visiting my husband waited in the room for me till I came down from op and stayed with me till 9-10pm and I stayed in for 2 nights.I found everyone really lovely and helpful Im sure everyone has different views this is just my opinion. If there is anything else post away! Hope this helps.

I think the normal stay at Little Aston is 2 nights (they were umming and arrhing about keeping me in another night, but I finally got let out at 5pm)
There are hand towels in your room and they provided bath sheets.
You don't share a room and have got an en-suite bathroom and a television.Oh and a phone anyone can phone you, But the nurses tell you to use your mobile phone to phone out because of the price phone charges (reception is a bit hit and miss)

Visiting is from 10am till 9pm and visitors can get free tea and coffee from the restaurant and car parking is FREE (unlike the NHS)

You will have to have a seperate pre-op at Little Aston and either have to go for your blood thining injection the evening before you op or do it yourself at home:cry:

Hope that helps if you need to know anything else just ask.:D

I think the normal stay at Little Aston is 2 nights (they were umming and arrhing about keeping me in another night, but I finally got let out at 5pm)
There are hand towels in your room and they provided bath sheets.
You don't share a room and have got an en-suite bathroom and a television.Oh and a phone anyone can phone you, But the nurses tell you to use your mobile phone to phone out because of the price phone charges (reception is a bit hit and miss)

Visiting is from 10am till 9pm and visitors can get free tea and coffee from the restaurant and car parking is FREE (unlike the NHS)

You will have to have a seperate pre-op at Little Aston and either have to go for your blood thining injection the evening before you op or do it yourself at home:cry:

Hope that helps if you need to know anything else just ask.:D

Thanks Linda, I have a tendency to overpack so wanted to make sure I didn't bring duplicates. Is the television similar to the "pay per day" that the NHS uses? Thanks again.

Thanks Linda, I have a tendency to overpack so wanted to make sure I didn't bring duplicates. Is the television similar to the "pay per day" that the NHS uses? Thanks again.

No its a small LCD tv on the wall with a remote and its FREE lol

Take anything you need with you because there isn't a shop but you can order the daily paper when you book in at reception

Back