• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long will it take ?

gemma-preston

Hi every one im going to see my gp on Monday and I'm 99% sure I meet the requirements if I get the go ahead how long have I got to wait for the opp I'm hoping it will be this year ? Thanks guys Xxxxx

Lol we can average a guess based on our experience if we know what pct you come under and what your weight/height BMI is and any co morbiDities but reading around here will give you loads of info too!! Welcome to the Forum..I'm sat in the docs now...my 2nd visit..I've been refused so that's why I'm here!!

i went to my gp in november got funding 3 weeks later, have met my surgeon today and start my tests soon, my op should be done by august or sepetember i think... but we will see but it depends where you are and how long your pct take to decide if u get funding... keep us posted!!! xxx

As anna said, it depends on your pct really. I waited 17 months from start to finish but I know there are people that have waited much longer than this as well as those who have waited much less.

H xx

It does depend on where you are and which hospital you are having your op.
I know people it has taken 2-3years to get their op. I was lucky from seeing my GP to op was 7 months (should have been 6 months but I needed to get my iron up) Mine was this quick as it is new at my hospital so not many people been sent there yet.
Good luck.

I'm not from your pct but the average in sunderland is around 18 months. Best of luck hun x

hun, you have to be strong and go in with a positive outlook!!

if your anything like me and believe you will cry (defo me lol) then write it down so it prompts you to say what you need to....

dont worry though, this is your GP and i bet theyve spoken to others asking the same.

Good luck and let us know the outcome!!!! xx

everyones waiting times seem to be different..im from london i got referred by my gp in october 2011 got my funding a few weeks later,had my 1st hospital december 7th 2011,2nd hospital app with the surgeon feb 2nd 2012 who said i should be all done by the summer,getting my op date in the next 8 weeks xx

hi ya im a new bee on here

royal sunderland hospital:-
i went and saw my doctor in march 2011
got a letter in april 2011 saying funding given
went to seminar in may 2011
saw dietician in july 2011
saw surgeon february 2012

next step is endocopy thingy

my weight was 27st in july 2005
my weight now and has been for the past year 21st
have lived on slimfast for the past seven years had enough
so made the major decision for surgery

Sorry very silly question, I a newbie just wanted to know how you know if you got funding? do thy sent you a letter? or do you have to chase it up youself?

Im not sure hun... Ive been wondering about this myself.

I think someone said recently that your doc will get aletter and either he tells you or some one from the pct in your area. I'm NHS so can't really tell you just read that recently on a post. x

My GP, wrote to PCT after I asked to be referred. I called up docs office to ensure letter sent, which it was. (about 2 working days after apt).

I called up PCT to find out how long till I hear. They said 2-3 weeks, but they were a bit behind after Xmas.

At the end of the 3rd week I received letter to confirm funding approved, and that I was referred to St George's.

The letter said I should hear from them within 4 weeks... And if not, to ring a number and quote my reference number.

Luckily after 2 weeks I received a phone call from hospital inviting me to a intro group session.

Please check your GP has your correct contact details!

I hope this helps!

sN

Hi I am new here sorry to hijack this thread I went to my doctor last monday and got my letter today for weight management initial assessment my doctor has said in our area you only have to have a BMI over 30 and it should take 6 months to get your band because we live in a area with a high heart disease and weight problems I think we have extra goverment funding any one else heard of this from the North Shields area

Back