• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long will it take ?

Luther said:
Hi I am new here sorry to hijack this thread I went to my doctor last monday and got my letter today for weight management initial assessment my doctor has said in our area you only have to have a BMI over 30 and it should take 6 months to get your band because we live in a area with a high heart disease and weight problems I think we have extra goverment funding any one else heard of this from the North Shields area

Hi is that north shield in north Tyneside x

Hi I am new here sorry to hijack this thread I went to my doctor last monday and got my letter today for weight management initial assessment my doctor has said in our area you only have to have a BMI over 30 and it should take 6 months to get your band because we live in a area with a high heart disease and weight problems I think we have extra goverment funding any one else heard of this from the North Shields area

Yeah it is North Tyneside:)

Cheryl

Hi Luther I am from Whitley Bay, I had my weight management assessment on Wednesday and have a 2 hour weight management seminar on Monday evening then hopefully start my 12 week lighten up programme on Thursday if there are any places left!! You cant get onto the 12 week course until you have been to the weight management seminar. Have you had seminar with surgeon yet? I had mine in feb. I go to sleep clinic on 30th and have stopped smoking. Is your surgeon Mr Woodcock? Hope this helps. I seem to be just a head of you so will keep you updated. I get my info from Suzie as our pct seems to be different from the others :)

Oh just re-read your post and I am hopefully getting a bypass and I see your wanting a band :-/

Hello mandz I am just at the beginning so got my appointment for initial assessment I packed in smoking 18 months ago and don't have any sleep issues but am at risk of Diabetes after having gestational and a BMI of 39 I am hoping for the band I see your getting for Bypass I look forward to hearing from you on your journey I am still so new to this think I better start a new thread sorry OP

Cheryl

Luther said:
Hello mandz I am just at the beginning so got my appointment for initial assessment I packed in smoking 18 months ago and don't have any sleep issues but am at risk of Diabetes after having gestational and a BMI of 39 I am hoping for the band I see your getting for Bypass I look forward to hearing from you on your journey I am still so new to this think I better start a new thread sorry OP

Cheryl

Has the doctor referred you to the surgeon yet ? North Tyneside follow nice guidelines which is bmi of over 40 and bmi of 35+ with co morbs like if you have sleep apnea or diabetes. One lady on here done weight management before her doctor would refer her, even though she had a bmi of 40 and when she finished weight management her bmi was too low to refer it was 38. The special funding we have is we don't have to apply for funding as long as we fit the criteria and do as the surgeon says we can get the op :) I would put on a couple of pound to get your bmi to 40 then go back to the doctor and get him to refer you before weight management :) nice to see where getting a few more people from this end, I don't live to far from north shields I'm in walker x

Yeah I went to seminar at hosp first because my doc said they will go by my BMI and weight from that weigh in and if i went to weight management and lose a load of weight first then go to seminar they would prob refuse me as my BMI might have been too low! My BMI is 43 now and I have lost half a stone. From referral from my doc to hosp seminar was only 4 weeks. Also at seminar they looked at the questionnaires I had to fill in and advised to go to doc and request referral for weight management and sleep clinic. Hope you get sorted :) btw this forum is fantastic, if there is anything you want to know there is always someone who can answer you questions. Good luck on your journey x

Thanks my Doctor has put me forward and I am at weight management on the 27th for my initial assessment and will take it from there My doctor did say that it was BMI 30 in North Shields she even gave me paper and crossed out the 40 I wonder why she said this.

Cheryl

Don't know Cheryl, maybe your doc hasn't referred anyone before. Are you going to Rake Lane? :)

Luther said:
Thanks my Doctor has put me forward and I am at weight management on the 27th for my initial assessment and will take it from there My doctor did say that it was BMI 30 in North Shields she even gave me paper and crossed out the 40 I wonder why she said this.

Cheryl

I would phone rakelane, dr woodcock secretary and just double check because as i say other people going through referral in the past few weeks can't get referred as their bmi is not 40+ without co morbs. I have never heard of people at rakelane getting it with bmi of 30. It would be a shame for you to miss out on .1 of a bmi. X

Everyone I know who have had their ops at Rake Lane have had tohave BMI over 40 with no co morbs and that's what my doc told me. I would ring Mr Woodcocks secretary too xx

I have to go to the meadow well health centre don't know where it is for initial appointment so will ask then my BMI is as of today 40 I also have my SW book which shows my BMI has been over 40 for the last 6 months and it has been for years at the doctors I am unable to have pills as make my blood pressure high and have a very long history at the doctors of obesity I don't have a consultant as yet I think that must come after the assessment just a letter from weight management team at Rake Lane I have tried posting another thread but it will not let me don't know why Suzzi I am originally from walker small world

Cheryl

Back