• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long will it take?

penelope1008

Ladies and gentlemen, I am pondering a few questions I would welcome your insight into.
Roughly how long does it take for the wounds to heal?, How long does it take the internal work to heal? and finally I understand we can't lift things for a bit to protect our surgeons work but how much can we lift to start off with and when is it safe to do normal things like the shopping and hoovering without risking any damage? Don't worry I am not that house proud but wondering how long I can get my lot to pull their weight for a change without taking the mickey to much you never know they may actually get used to it and share the load permanently afterwards. Yeah I know I must be in cloud cuckoo land if I believe that. It didn't last after my hysterectomy.

I think I read that you're not meant to lift anything heavier than a jug of water for 12 weeks.

(I also believe you're not meant to pick up an iron EVER again - oh hang on, that was a fantasy!!)

Good questions Penny. I'm already feeling like Ive bent and lifted too much. Nothing heavy but it doesnt have to be heavy to do damage x

It was one of things I meant to ask before I came home and forgot not drastic enough to disturb my bariatric nurse on a weekend but before I feel up to doing something I shouldn't yet I thought ask on here and someone will enlighten me. I know we all heal at different rates but a rough idea will be a useful guide.

Wounds heal in week or so,we all heal differently.Mine week to ten days.Inside they say up to 12 weeks is critical time.Dont lift anything heavy till after 12 weeks at least.Im talking a shopping bag of food not paving slabs!
And its law we are not to iron,hoover stairs,bend to clean the oven or stretch to clean windows ever again!

Thanks B&B assumed something like that dependant on our normal healing rate. Also ow again, this laughing lark is painful lol but thanks for the back up I will use it to the best and longest effect.
As my shopping bags usually end up as heavy as paving slabs I will have to send the other half a while longer, do daily bits or walk the cyber aisles when I need bigger bits and he & the boys aren't going to be around.

Do you mean you cant lift a bag of shopping for 12 weeks?

Just dragged and lifted two bags of rubbish into the large bin ready for collection and put it out wound sites ok but letting me know I did more than I should. I suppose I should have reminded the sleeping beauties last night but then I did that last week before i went in that the cardboard and compost was due the next day and its still in the boxes in the kitchen as it the plastic, paper and tins that they should have put out on Friday also reminded about on Tuesday. At least the cardboard is a weekly collection so can be sorted this week, rest is fortnightly and is overflowing already I think they will be taking a trip down to the recycling banks shortly. Pests.

Back