• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how many calories are needed

julielockwoodjerrett

Six Month Post Op
I'm starting to lose the will. I've stayed the same for about the last four months... Not moved.. I lose a bit.. then have a glass of wine on a weekend and it goes back on.. I really thought having my band it would stop me stressing about being on a diet.. and I'm back there. I've been banded for just over a year and totally losing heart.. I've lost four stone and that's it... Just don't know what else to say or do really...

Hello there, How many calories a day are you consuming and what capacity is your band filled too please - ty

I have an 11ml band, with about 7.75ml in it, last time I had a fill she took some out as she said I was struggling drinking, I think I'm eating far too much as I don't feel full. I need to count my calories to see what I'm eating but I reckon about 1200-1500 calories which I think is too much. I see some people on here around 800 calories.. x

Get back in touch with your provider, tell them what you are eating (maybe keep a food diary - myfitnesspal?) and see what they advise x

Thank you... I've started to keep a good diary this week and made an appointment with my weight loss provider but can't get to see them till nearly end of august. Thank you ;)

No probs hun, Im sure the diary will help and maybe get you back on track until you get to see your provider (long time to wait hey?!).

Remember to count those wine calories, they dont half add up xx

Keeping your food diary is a great idea. Try to keep your protein levels up in the mEantime. It can fill you up for longer and help you lose more quickly. Don't lose heart. Even maintaining is better than gaining! Then when you see your dietician, the little tweaks they may suggest could make all the difference. X

Back