• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how many nights in hospital

paddyp

Anyone willing to share how many nights they stayed in hospital. I'm going into Taunton at 7.30am on Monday and would really love to be home on Wednesday so 2 nights stay. Is that unrealistic?

what surgery are you asking in relation to? :)

I had gastric bypass NHS at 1.30pm on the Wednesday and was home by 6.30 pm on the Thursday and would have been earlier but there was a new blood test for the blood thinners I had to wait for and the hospital discharge letter x

I was in 2 nights I had bypass x

I went in Thursday evening for op Friday, was due out Sunday but had slight complications due to scar tissue from gallbladder so went home Monday

I went in on the Thursday at 7am and was home on the friday at 6pm and I had a sleeve

Good Luck
Kaz
x

I was admitted 12.30pm on the Friday. Walked down just after 3pm. Remember looking at the clock coming up to 6pm. My lift home got to the hospital about 5pm on the Saturday, but would have been there sooner if we'd lived closer

I was admitted 12.30pm on the Friday. Walked down just after 3pm. Remember looking at the clock coming up to 6pm. My lift home got to the hospital about 5pm on the Saturday, but would have been there sooner if we'd lived closer

Wow that's less than 24 hours. Amazing. x

Went in Monday 7.30am,and left tues around tea-time.
I was quite active and walking round after my bypass I wanted my own bed to rest in.

I think it varies from person to person and from consultant to consultant. I had my sleeve on monday 8 July and was expecting to stay in hospital a maximum of two nights. Ended up staying four nights and leaving at 3.30pm on friday... at least I got away before the weekend. Just worth mentioning, no complications whatsoever, but could not eat anything for two days. In my opinion it was more to do with the paracetamol they were pumping me with than with the stomach, but hey.

Back