• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much exercise and what sort?

minxie

Hi everyone, I confess I have never been great at exercising and might even say that I dislike it intensely;) However I realise that it is key in helping me to get to where I want to be, and I'm told that I have to do it!

What sort of exercise do people do? How often and for how long? Other than 2 walks a day with the dog in recent times I've done nothing else for years:eek:

Anyone not do any?

if you can swim and enjoy it, this is a fantastic form of exercise..it is easy on the joints and i find it very relaxing..i started swimming by doing 20 lengths 3-5 times per week and now i can do 64 lengths 3-5 times per week xx

Workout in the gym, static bike, rowing,machines etc for 1½ hours, then 2 days off, then swim for an hour then 1 day off. At the end of each 5 day cycle, along with the dieting, I had lost about 1½ kilos. To make it work, you have to. If you don't ache next morning, you haven't worked hard enough!!

My first session in the pool took me an hour to swim 10 lengths, the day before my op, I swam 40 lengths in 40 mins.

If you kick your metabolism it will burn off the fat.

I was a very strict no exercise type of guy till about three weeks ago THEN I discovered aerobic walking work out - doing 30 mins at about 4 mile per hour brisk pace every day now and I am addicted Dreading not being able to do it post op during recovery BUT looking forward to maybe more and the gym in the future!

i use the wii fit and wii fit plus! its excellent and you dont feel your even working out...even better if you can rally another few players in for competition! makes me work all that more harder on it lol.

Thanks everyone, I do like swimming so I guess that's the way to go to start with, maybe adding in aquarobics. Wencho what do you do on Wii fit? My nephew's have it but I've not really got into it - what do you think is good to do?

Back