• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how much is it for a private by-pass ?

gingernutter

My friend is trying to fund her own surgery.

Is a by-pass a standard price in the UK?

After paying for your private surgery do you also have to pay for private prescription for the medications that you will need?

Thanks

There isnt a standard price, each provider varies but she should expect to pay between £9,000 and £12,000.

Not sure about the presription question but surely if she needs the meds the GP will prescribe them.

Thank you folks!

I know a Lady who went abroad 2 years ago as it was much cheaper but it wouldn't be cheaper now days since the fall of sterling. I did consider it myself when I was fighting my losing battle with funding.

I paid 10.5k with surgicare, the aftercare is part of the package, and as they also insist that your doctor is kept informed of your progress all supliments can be supplied via your dr's perscriptions. This can save you a lot of money if you have an exemption cert ect

I paid £10,000 for mine and my prescriptions are £7.50 a time :-( Weird how i dont mind paying the £10,000 but the £7.50 a time really winds me up lol

Ginger
Im paying £8995 for my bypass, it's being carried out at the chelsfield Hospital with mr El-Hasani, I went through the WLS Group, within htta price is also 3 years aftercare.

The hospital will provide one months medication, vitamins etc. then you have to pay for them yourselves.

Hope this helps.

I am paying £10,500 for my bypass with Mr Ammori through Healthier Weight. My prescriptions will come from my GP and I have an prepayment certificate.

I was quoted a private bypass with Mr Patel at Kings Hospital as a private patient for £8450.

Back