• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how much water?

emma&alex

i know im not drinking enough
how much water should i be drinking though

today ive had about 1 litre just sipping throughout the day
on top of that, ive had

1/2 banana complan
1/4 raspberry slim fast
1 options hot chocolate
1/2 peppermint tea

ive been told to have 3 meal replacements (slim fast or complan)
and water, cordial, hot chocolate, tea, coffee, clear soup freely.

Hi
I had my op with Mr Ammori on the 23 July at the Spire Manchester and came out on the 24th. I bet we crossed over in the hospital! I was told to drink a minimum of 2 litres of water and that the other drinks were extra. I bought a 2 litre bottle from the shop and use this as a measure and do struggle to drink this but im really trying hard as many people suffer bad constipation and water infections from not having drunk enough.
How are you feeling? I originally wanted the band but due to my high stomache acid and a few other problems was advised to have the bypass. Your weight loss so far is fantastic, good luck with your question. It is very suprising when you read on here how different hospitals/drs have different ways of doing things!!
Tania

See now i thought drinks which you make predominantly with water counts as part of your fluid intake. I DO NOT drink plain water so if it didn't count i'd be buggared :)

You sound like you are doing great Emma, just remember to keep concentrating on getting the fluids in, it's so easy to slow down on them :)

i think your drinking enough hun! i thought squash tea n coffee counted??......... xx

I was told at least 2 litres of clear water & that squash, tea etc doesn't count.

But as usual I think advice is completely different for different providers. x

I'd fill a two litre bottle of water or sugar free cordial and make sure you drink this daily, anything over is a bonus. xxx

Emma,

You sound as if you are doing really well considering you are only 3 days post - as a dietitian - don't faint we are just the same as everyone else - generally tea coffe etc would all count towards your total intake. I think you are doing brilliantly - don't worry about it. as the swelling goes down you will be able to drink more. Good indicator if you are having too little fluid is the colour of your urine. If it's dark - drink more if poss. It should be a light yellow colour - hope this helps

thanks for the replies guys

i have been watching my urine colour actually & its been quite light, surprisingly.
ive completely gone off cordial for some reason, every sip of orange i took earlier was making me heave. oh well, water it is

xx

thanks for the replies guys

i have been watching my urine colour actually & its been quite light, surprisingly.
ive completely gone off cordial for some reason, every sip of orange i took earlier was making me heave. oh well, water it is

xx
Take care - you are doing really well x

Hi Emma,
Do hope you are having a good day, your weightloss so far looks brilliant.
Sounds like you are doing well with your fluids too... you are an inspiration!
Much love, Bev xxx

Its something we really need to watch, I know at the moment that I'm not drinking as much as I should, I have a terrible furry tongue today, but physically feel like if i drink any more then i'm going to burst, even though I haven't had that much!

Good luck to you too Mike... do hope you will feel better as the day goes on...

Hope you are doing better today Emma....

Thinking of you and sending a humungous hug xxx

Back