• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

few thing i could do with some help with !!

kerrylee37

[url=http://www.TickerFac
week today since op ,doing great until last night went out , oh my god i was dying had to most painfull wind ever felt like i was getting stabbed had to go a lie down on the back seat of my car lasted about 3 hours nothing worked minted tea,med from hospital rubbing belly walking nothing (thought i was dying I KNOW VERY OVER THE TOP)lol also just a few qyestions i need help with
1. how much should i be drinking soup wise i can managed 400ml is that too much
do it in two halfs tho im not drinking much but i make myself drink that in two half cause i dont think it good not eating hardly anything all i ve be having it 1 slim fast 1 tin of soup and one veg drink cant managed to drink much in between cause it take me too long if rush get bad heartburn
2. im hiccupping i thought you couldnt hiccup ????
3. is it ok to lie on your side or front when your sleep worried i might move port
would love somer help on this hope everyone is doing good
p.s ive lost 10 in 7 days :)

hi hun, im pre op so cant really be of much help..... i do know tho for a while you suffer with terrible terrible wind, alot of people have mentioned taking peppermint cordial to help, as for the rest i dont know, can you ring your team and ask about the quantities that your drinking?... also im sure its ok to sleep on belly just i suppose you do it when you feel its comfortable your only a week post op so everything will still be very very sore and swollen still i think tho from what you ve written that your eating daily i would try upping your fluid intake, get sports cap bottle and just sip, sorry im not much help, hopefully another bander will be along soon to help x

Thinking of you Kerry, I am sure you will get advice and support from someone who has been through exactly the same as you...

As Kelly says, I think the same, it's very early days and you are going to be very tender... plus the wind problem is something everyone has mentioned...

Thinking of you and sending a loving hug your way! xxx

thanks anyway girls and i think ive posted it on main page ,god im still crap on this site think ive managed to put photo on tho not sure if anyone can see it

i cant see it sweetpea x

oh ok i got it on my profile i think when you sent private message dont know how to put it on page when i post anything

Hi Kerry, I am looking around to see it, but cannot, so sorry.... it took me a while too to get the hang of the settings. Please don't worry about it... there is always someone on here to help you xxx

Hi Kerry, I am not the most technical, and there is someone you can email on here for technical answers....

But the Avatar is your picture on the left...
Your Signature is the place where you can put a little sparkly bit that you like...
I would just start with these two things... but it's also helpful to fill in the profile bit...
It took me ages too... I'm not the brightest at all when it comes to technology!
Hope you are feeling much better today....
Bev xxx

right downloaded them but cant see photo below my name only if you click to see my profile

Kerrylee... go onto my sparkly bits below my name... that will enter you into the sparkly world of sparkly things...

Choose one... then go into your signature section of your profile and have a play.

It took me a while too... I had to persevere, but I love my sparkly heart....

xxx

Kerrylee, I have emailed Emma, not sure what she is working today... but she'll pick the email up at some point... keep in touch and take it steady!

xxx

1. how much should i be drinking soup wise i can managed 400ml is that too much
do it in two halfs tho im not drinking much but i make myself drink that in two half cause i dont think it good not eating hardly anything all i ve be having it 1 slim fast 1 tin of soup and one veg drink cant managed to drink much in between cause it take me too long if rush get bad heartburn
2. im hiccupping i thought you couldnt hiccup ????
3. is it ok to lie on your side or front when your sleep worried i might move port
would love somer help on this hope everyone is doing good
p.s ive lost 10 in 7 days :)

Hiya

Gah - the wind is awful isn't it..I suffered with it quite a lot too, but it does go away. I know you probably are, and everyone says it, but walk lots. I started walking a lot more then i thought i would do so soon after the op, i went too town most days & had a walk around all the shops.

I struggled myself with the fluids in the first week, I was told to have 3 slim fasts or build ups a day, and in between i could have soup/juice/water. I managed to have 1 slim fast on the first day, but after then for about a week, I didn't have any because they made me feel so sick. If you have a look at my post in the diary section, i was recording what I was taking in most days...so it'll give you an idea of what others are managing round about that time. I don't think 400mls is too much at all though, its all near enough water anyway.
re the hiccup thing, I was hiccuping constantly in the first 2 weeks, i hadnt heard anything about not being able to??
Im also not really sure about the sleeping on your front thing, I had to sleep upright for the first 4 or 5 days as I just couldnt lie down at all. I havent been told not to lie on my front or side though, so I cant see it being an issue.

hope this kinda helps...

Emma
x

Back