• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much could you eat?

kellsbells

I guys was banded Sunday I'm in quite a bit of pain the wind is killing me off!! I've had boots own I've just got tums I've had boiled water peppermint tea all the norm but that's why I'm asking how much could you eat? I can't feel anything when I'm eatin cos I'm in so much pain so don't know if I feel full I'm scared of over eating so I'm just having little bits like 1/3 can of Tom soup 1/2 yog I had a 10ml band with 4ml put in xx

little and often if you're feeling sore is the way to go, I was actually advised to start off with like 100-125mls to begin with, working up to 200mls at a go in terms of fluid as the 2 weeks on liquids went by. I didnt have any fill at the time of surgery, so I was able to get the 200mls down after about 4-5 days. At the same time I was able to eat a yoghurt in one sitting too . . .although I then struggled with having anything "thick" and had to go to clear fluids only during the 2nd week as I just couldn't stand milk or yoghurt etc

But try smaller amounts, even thinner liquids. I was concerned by the amount I was having wasnt enough but was told better to have fluids than to worry about liquid food if there's pain or discomfort. Give your provider a call tho and see what they suggest

Kat x

top_kat said:
little and often if you're feeling sore is the way to go, I was actually advised to start off with like 100-125mls to begin with, working up to 200mls at a go in terms of fluid as the 2 weeks on liquids went by. I didnt have any fill at the time of surgery, so I was able to get the 200mls down after about 4-5 days. At the same time I was able to eat a yoghurt in one sitting too . . .although I then struggled with having anything "thick" and had to go to clear fluids only during the 2nd week as I just couldn't stand milk or yoghurt etc

But try smaller amounts, even thinner liquids. I was concerned by the amount I was having wasnt enough but was told better to have fluids than to worry about liquid food if there's pain or discomfort. Give your provider a call tho and see what they suggest

Kat x

Thanks hun they phoned easier and said I need to be having nutritious liquids every 3 hours I'm just scared that I don't know when I feel full as all I'm feeling is wind pain xx

After my op which I have 10 ml band with 4 mls in at op I could only manage
2spoonfull of soup
1/2yoguart

Milk

But honestly I did have a little wind pain but I can honestly say I never taken any think and I went a bed one nite and woke up and it was gone so I have every faith this will be the same for u chick finger x soon

Rest up
Lisa x

Hi Kels

and yayyyy your on the losers bench really pleased for you hun. Good luck with your loss. xx

Thanks guys I'm more worried as I think I could eat a half tin of soup no prob although I don't want it if that makes sense xx

kellsbells said:
Thanks guys I'm more worried as I think I could eat a half tin of soup no prob although I don't want it if that makes sense xx

That was me! I had what I could manage....if your able, half tin of soup won't do you harm! But only have it if you want it! Listen to your body..it knows best :)

JO28172 said:
That was me! I had what I could manage....if your able, half tin of soup won't do you harm! But only have it if you want it! Listen to your body..it knows best :)

Thanks hun xxx

Back