• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much weight did everyone lose on pre opp Diet

Hi Kelly

I lost a big fat ZERO, yep not even an ounce but as the diet is meant to shrink the liver, any loss is a bonus. My liver must have been fine because the op went ahead. Good luck with your pre op! x

Im hoping a few lol, Im due to start mine either tomorrow or weds, depends what mood I get up in tomorrow lol:D

Good luck with it though and not long to op day !:D

Hi Kelly, I lost 5lb, I was on the low calorie diet for 1 week before my op......I was very bad on the low cal, had quite a few take-aways (last chance to have them) as I only booked my op 2 weeks before I had it

I did it for a week and lost 10IBS but I had completely pigged out on food before that like I was never going to see it again!

Clare x

Hi, i havn't done the diet yet, but i have asked about it and luton & dunstable hospital insist that you lose 5% of your body weight, you stay on the diet untill you have lost the 5%.

I lost 9 pounds on pre -op. :)

I lost 11lbs over 3 weeks, but as said before it's not to lose weight it's too shrink the liver to make it easier for surgeon to do his job.:)

I lost 27lbs but was on the shrinkage diet longer than I should have been.

It really does vary how much you lose, it also has to do with how much dieting you did in the 6 months prior to your surgery. If you have dieted recently you may be rid of all you glycogen stores which is what makes you liver big. It is not uncommon for people to lose nothing or only a couple of pounds but their liver is shrunk and that is what counts. I lost an astounding 20lbs in 2 weeks but that I am sure is more down to my major pigging out all summer before my surgery, I put that 20lbs on in a short time because I was house bound with broken ankle and felt sorry for myself and thus ate my weight in choc & fried foods. Just follow the diet as best you can and you will be fine.

Nic:D

Sorry if this has been asked before I was wondering how much weight did everyone lose on their pre opp diet !

Im due to start mine tommorow :( 2 weeks on weds till my opp :faint2:

Kel x

Kelly,

You are having surgery on the same date as me woop woop!! :D

Where are you having it done? I'm at Sheffield with WLSG. :)

xxx

i have only been on mine for 6 days and i have lost 5 lbs so far

I've been on the pre op diet for 8 days now ( not the milk one) not really weighed myself as like mummyof2 i ate like there was no tomorrow before that. For me too it's about shrinking the liver and stopping smoking to raise my oxygen levels ( 8 days too without a cigarette yeah!) xx

I didn't weigh myself as we didn't have any scales that went high enough. But I lost 55lbs from my pre surgery assessment in October to my op date in February

I lost about a stone:rolleyes:, but the hosp scales were way different than mine, so am sticking to mine for all future weight updates;)

Back