• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how much weight loss in the first weeks of sleeve opp

christine1957

hi its a week gone tuesday since opp sleeve, i dont seam to be loosing weight is this normal im only eating 2-3 spoons of whatever i have anyone any advice xx:sigh:

Don't force the weightloss, it WILL happen. You could be retaining fluid. Everyone is different, some people lose loads in the first few weeks and then stall, others stall in the first few weeks and then have an amazing weightloss. Good luck xx

I Think your body is still adjusting hune. Might be an idea to go on measurements too. Am sure the scales
will move soon. Dont panic its early days you Have to give it time. Your probably all swolen retainging fluid and gone into starvation mode. It will sort itself out soon Promise hune. Keep us posted good luck.

Thank you i do still feel bloated tummy looks a bit swolen up. Good idea to measure myself ill do that aswell is it normal to feel week and tired im getting out of bed tired x

I'm 6 days post op tomorrrow and going to get weighed. I don't feel like i've lost any weight, and plus i am still all bloated from the gas, and am struggling to go for a number 2!

But I still want to go - Friday is my weigh in day, and whether i've stalled put on or lost, i just am interested to see what they say.

xxx

I am exactly a week post op today,I feel really tired to,today I have slept on and off all day,as for weight loss I weighed today and I have lost 5kg,but I don't feel it,as for the constipation I have been taking senakot to help,chillie x

5kg i wish iv lost about 5 lbs but others like you seam to have lost loads. well just hope i catch up with weight loss. maybe i should of had the bypass like i was going to.

I'm 3 weeks post op today. For the last few weeks the scales haven't seemed to move. I guessed it was balancing itself out. I have now lost 18lb in pre op and 17lb since op date. The scales will defo move for you, don't worry. I just think you need a few weeks to settle x

Hi Christine,the scales will start moving,mine will probably stop moving,I guess it's cos our bodies our all different,just weigh yourself once a week that's what I'm doing,wishing you all the best chillie x

Yes it is normal to feel very tired in the first few weeks - you're not taking in much nutrients as you're 'eating' so little. Your body will be tired and recovering from the surgery too.
Weight loss will happen, just have a little patience and try not to obsess about the scales. Think of the bigger picture, where you will be next summer and how much better you will feel then.

I'm 3 weeks post op today and the weight is coming off but eberyone is different and def give it time! How's everyone managing with foods? Cath how you feeling ?

Take it easy your body has been through a lot..... my loss has been slow and steady ;) x x x

Im 2 and a half weeks post op and lost 12lb quickly but nothing at all in the last week since I started eating soft foods. Is there a reason for this? So frustrating :(

Back