• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how much?

farquar

Im just wondering how much i should be eati.g? Im 6 weeks post op and not managing more then 3-4 table spoons? Any1 eating more or less?

Hi
I have had a placation, not the sleeve, but I think, size wise, what is left of our stomachs is similar.
I would say I was eating a similar amount per meal at 6 weeks. It is only recently that I can get through a little more, but to be honest I think I would still be satisfied at about that amount. I'm trying to keep my meal sizes that small and maybe increase the frequency, at the moment I am only having around 4 meals a day, but I have recently started getting a little hungrier. I was recommended 6 small meals a day though so I will add a snack into my day I think.

I am 9 weeks post-op and the amount I can eat varies day-to-day. Some days I can eat more than you are but there are some days where I eat less and there are days where I want to eat nothing at all!

I was 6 teaspoons for ages. Don't worry it gets easier as the swelling goes down.

Been wondering the same but I'm only 6 days post op- had half a smoothie for breakfast and feels ok and been having soup rest of time..

Hi
I have had a placation, not the sleeve, but I think, size wise, what is left of our stomachs is similar.
I would say I was eating a similar amount per meal at 6 weeks. It is only recently that I can get through a little more, but to be honest I think I would still be satisfied at about that amount. I'm trying to keep my meal sizes that small and maybe increase the frequency, at the moment I am only having around 4 meals a day, but I have recently started getting a little hungrier. I was recommended 6 small meals a day though so I will add a snack into my day I think.

i do get hungry, but when i eat full after a few mouthfuls, i thought this was normal but my partners worried im not eating enough. i normally have breakfast, cupa soup mid morning, lunch, tea and maybe something in the evening. little and often? xx

I am 9 weeks post-op and the amount I can eat varies day-to-day. Some days I can eat more than you are but there are some days where I eat less and there are days where I want to eat nothing at all!

depends on what im eating as to how much, soup is half a bowl but suppose thats pretty much water but give or take 3-6 table spoons, altho i eat using a tea spoon to help how much im having. xx

Double check with your team.

But at 7 weeks post op' I was told 800 Calories a day by mine.

Same here, told about 900 calories a day and to eat 3 meals with a snack between breakfast and lunch, and between lunch and dinner - a banana or yoghurt usually. Two months post op, and I can't eat more at one sitting than about half a side plate of food. I discussed my eating with my dietician and she said that is fine

Hi

From what I have read you sound about right for 6 weeks, don't worry too much about how little you are eating once fully healed you will soon be eating more, also don't forget you can eat more than 3 meals a day, 6 small meals are just as good as 3 larger meals.

800 ish calories a day sounds about right as well, just make sure you keep your protein intake as high as possible and remember not all fats are bad as the body does need some so don't worry if some of what you can eat is not as low in calories as you thought.

And most important of all is fluids, make sure you have a least 2 litres a day and don't touch bottles Mineral water as relying on it will make you very ill, as bottles mineral water does not contain the right salts and minerals, and ordinary tap water does. The water keeps you hydrated and helps stop constipation.

You will be fine once everything has settled down, and after 6 months you will be quite surprised how much you can eat, even though it will still be miles less than what you used to eat, but a lot more than now.

All the best

Paul

I do use tap water. Never been much off a fan of water but have sugar free squash.

I try to have breakie, cuppa soup, lunch. Mid afternoon snack. Tea and then some more tea abit later.

I seem to feel hungry and then eat and its like ive had a 3 course meal lol stuffed. But only having 400-500 cals a day. Maybe need to bump it up abit.

But im guessing everythings ok as im not wasting away too quickly and feel ok :) xx

Back