• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stressing

farquar

Im starting to stress im doing this all wrong now.

How many calories are we actually meant to have a day?

Do we even follow calories or go by fat?

Very confusing cause im having 1200 a day? But also people say they never feel hungry where as I feel hungry like ive not eaten for a week! Is that normal?

I have snacks but now im wondering if im eating the right things like cearal bars? Malt loaf? Low fat crisps?

Has any1 got healthy snack ideas that dont involve fruit?

Ive booked back to see my consultant at walsall but want to try and lose more before I go incase its not enough.

At time of my surgery I was 21 stone 6 and now 16 stone 2. Is that right for 5 months out?

Am I sane or have I lost the plot abit?

You are doing brilliantly well done. Try not to worry about everyone else, we all find our own way. If your weight is going down why worry? As for snacks how about yogurt or nuts? I don't have that sort of hunger but people do x

P.s I too stick to around 1,000 - 1,200 a day. Some days are better than others.

Hi I had surgery at the walsall Manor too, mr mirza and khan.

I asked this question as my volume of food and hunger varies considerably to others I know at my support group and was told not to worry. Our bodies tell us what we need to eat and when to eat. Its our choice what we choose to eat.

I've had probs where I've eaten a piece of brocolli and been full for days, however my appetite and intakes increased due to medication I've been given and you know what I could eat a scabby donkey! I'm eating 7-8 times a day (granted its 3 tablespoons a time) but a big difference from the routine I had prior to 2 weeks ago.

What I would advise you to do if you can't wait for an appointment, is call them on 01922 721172 and ask them to page either bariatric nurse Ana Elshaw or dieticien Georgia Windrass. Switchboard will do just that, and u can speak to them on the phone and they can give you pointers until your appointment comes through.

What kind of op did u have? Bypass or sleeve? Sleeve is supposed to remove the part of the stomach that creates grehneline (hunger hormone) reducing appetite. At my support group there are other sleevers and bypassers who describe the hunger you have, and I've had it for a couple of weeks. The other route they might go down (and I've seen it a lot last few months) is giving medication to surpress appetite which works to a degree (so I'm told) however the hunger pangs come back.

At a recent meeting at a private clinic our mutual surgeon advised that some people even after surgery are still naturally hungry. Sometimes we can tweak the diet to get rid of it, sometimes we mistake the hunger pangs for thirst.

When I spoke to the team and georgia I was told to increase diet to eat more protein and fibre. You could try that? Snack on things like sunflower seeds, rice cakes, try limiting carbs.

Don't worry about the weight you've lost - you'll stress yourself out and it won't do you any good - body goes into shock/stress mode and makes eating awkward. Sounds like your doing it right. Do u like yogurts? U can now get high protein yogurts that are thick like double whipped cream consistency but have 15g protein in them - fuller longer.

Feel free to inbox if need any help x let us know how you get on

I definitely feel hungry. I wish I could forget to eat. Sometimes I wonder if it's habit, but if I deliberately don't eat, I do feel it. However I get full up very quickly.

I have no idea how many calories I take in but I once put down a typical day's food and someone worked out it was about 1000.

Hi I had surgery at the walsall Manor too, mr mirza and khan.

I asked this question as my volume of food and hunger varies considerably to others I know at my support group and was told not to worry. Our bodies tell us what we need to eat and when to eat. Its our choice what we choose to eat.

I've had probs where I've eaten a piece of brocolli and been full for days, however my appetite and intakes increased due to medication I've been given and you know what I could eat a scabby donkey! I'm eating 7-8 times a day (granted its 3 tablespoons a time) but a big difference from the routine I had prior to 2 weeks ago.

What I would advise you to do if you can't wait for an appointment, is call them on 01922 721172 and ask them to page either bariatric nurse Ana Elshaw or dieticien Georgia Windrass. Switchboard will do just that, and u can speak to them on the phone and they can give you pointers until your appointment comes through.

What kind of op did u have? Bypass or sleeve? Sleeve is supposed to remove the part of the stomach that creates grehneline (hunger hormone) reducing appetite. At my support group there are other sleevers and bypassers who describe the hunger you have, and I've had it for a couple of weeks. The other route they might go down (and I've seen it a lot last few months) is giving medication to surpress appetite which works to a degree (so I'm told) however the hunger pangs come back.

At a recent meeting at a private clinic our mutual surgeon advised that some people even after surgery are still naturally hungry. Sometimes we can tweak the diet to get rid of it, sometimes we mistake the hunger pangs for thirst.

When I spoke to the team and georgia I was told to increase diet to eat more protein and fibre. You could try that? Snack on things like sunflower seeds, rice cakes, try limiting carbs.

Don't worry about the weight you've lost - you'll stress yourself out and it won't do you any good - body goes into shock/stress mode and makes eating awkward. Sounds like your doing it right. Do u like yogurts? U can now get high protein yogurts that are thick like double whipped cream consistency but have 15g protein in them - fuller longer.

Feel free to inbox if need any help x let us know how you get on

Yehh I do always try to avoid carbs with meals and stick to the veg and protein. My partner says we still need starchy things and carbs though?

Yehh thats how I feel a scabby donkey lol honestly but my eyes bigger then my stomach and after a few mouthfuls im full like I had an 8 course meal. I had a sleeve, first 2 months I never wanted to eat but now lol I do struggle with some foods but not alot.

Well ive been around 16 stone 2/3 for bout 3 weeks now but lost 11 pounds when I had a chest infection. Maybe its cause I lost so much so quick?

MFP doesn't have a gastric sleeve option so I wouldn't worry about that!

Back