• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No weight loss? Feeling down

MrsG90

My weight loss has pretty much stopped, my measurements seem to be decreasing but weight loss is pretty much non existent. I'm just over 2 weeks post op with my gastric sleeve and I'm wondering if anyone else had this or is it normal or not? I'm obviously on a liquid diet and only eating around 500 or less calories per day and walking more than usual.

Confused.. :cry::break_diet:

Worry not, this is a very typical occurrance early post op. Some folk stall for a few weeks while our bodies are getting over the major shock of surgery. As long as you are following your providers post op plan the lbs will start to fall away soon. Best piece of advice........put the scales away, it just causes frustration!

Good luck - my sleeve was one of the best decisions ever!

First bit of advise is to put those scales away and concentrate on getting back to full health. Its pretty normal not to lose weigh at this early stage, some even gain a little. Just remember that although you may be feeling almost back to normal your tum insides is still healing, you've been thru major surgery. Once your getting back to 'normal' food you will certainly start to see the scales go downwards :) trust this is going to happen, stop stressing about it ........... and when you get your scales out again (in a few weeks) you will have a wonderful surprise :) x x x x x x huge hugs

My weight loss has pretty much stopped, my measurements seem to be decreasing but weight loss is pretty much non existent. I'm just over 2 weeks post op with my gastric sleeve and I'm wondering if anyone else had this or is it normal or not? I'm obviously on a liquid diet and only eating around 500 or less calories per day and walking more than usual. Confused.. :cry::break_diet:

Hi Mrs G90

I am 3 weeks out on Thursday and the same happened to me in the first 2 weeks did not lose anything.
However a few days ago I weighed myself and have lost 7lbs since my op which isn't brilliant in nearly 3 weeks but at least it's coming off.
I guess our bodies go into starvation mode from lack of calories.
Don't worry it will all be fine xxx

If I could lose a lb for every time this question is asked on here I'd be like Twiggy.

Unless you are one of 'the few' your weight loss journey will be a mixture of losses and stalls - quite long stalls at times. Don't worry, it's more normal it raining on washing day :-D

Thanks all. I feel much better :) xx

The same has happened to me, I was thinking this bypass has not worked because I went 3 or 4 weeks of not losing then putting a pound on then it went off again but now i'm losing again & I agree with the others put the scales away

I had my bypass less than a week a ago(sept 18 2014) I have weighted myself just once and have lost 4.4 lbs and I nearly went back the next day to weight myself again and had to stop myself I could so easily become a scale addict so I will go back to what I used to do before I weight myself on a Saturday morning this will keep me sane !

I had my bypass back in May and can honestly say I never saw a stall BECAUSE I ONLY WEIGH EVERY FEW WEEKS!!!
throw them pesky scales away!! I weigh when I go to the doctors to pick up my calcium tablets, could be 3 weeks or more and they are the only scales I use. checking your weight daily or every few days is setting yourself up for disappointment and worry you don't need. trust that if you follow the advise you have been given it will come off. just relax!

i was bypassed in april though i havent stalled yet i am waiting for it to happen it is all part of the journey it could happen at anytime dont stress and maybe set a certain day time limit to weigh i do weekly on a sunday others do monthly and so on

This is getting ridiculous. My scales are saying i've only lost 5kg in almost 4 weeks since my op. (These are expensive scales so can't throw them away). A lovely guy who had his op same day as me in same hospital has lost over 3stone, I don't understand and I'm feeling so very down :( x :'(

Don't panic! Firstly, you can't compare yr wait loss with a man's as they lose it so much faster than women. Secondly, advise from my surgeon is that you should be aiming for a loss of 1 -2 kg a week so you are pretty much on target. Are you logging what you are eating /drinking on something like myfitnesspal? What's yr typical days intake like calorie wise? Everyone is so different at the speeds they lose it. If yr.following advise it will shift.

You might be losing inches rather than pounds I measure monthly and when I think I am not losing much the inches are falling off just follow what you were told diet wise etc it will happen we all lose at different rates and I have also noticed people who had more to lose lose faster than someone with less to lose but if you are overly concerned ring your provider and ask their advice

Don't worry too much....your weight loss will pick up...Im almost 4 months post op and my weigh loss has been extremely slow...every pound adds up in the end...Im only just starting to see my body changing in front of my eyes....chin up hun, things will pick up soon... What are you eating on a typical day...maybe you need to up your calories a lil bit if you arnt getting in much.....plus are you exercising at all? exercise will boost you weight loss....x

I get around 400/500 calories a day in I think.
I'm going swimming twice a week and walk 30 mins 4 times a week x

You need to up calories with that amount of exercise I recently discovered this when I started going gym along with my walking or you will just turn tje fat to muscle

hmm! I've been losing inches lost 38cm over my body since op day but scales have only moved a few kilo. So now wondering if gaining muscle and losing fat..

I lose about 10 inches a month and average about a stone a month im almost 6 months post op I see it slowing now from what it was to start but we do all lose at different rates yours may pickup still but if your really worried give them a call but also remember your also in a better place tjan b4 surgery and starting weight can also play a part someone of 400lb would lose quicker than someone of 200lb

I was 319lb on op day. Hence why I thought I'd be losing faster. :(

Back