• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How possible is it to stretch your pouch ?

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Morning all i was just wondering how easy is it to stretch ur pouch and do irreversible damage and how would this happen.

I know i have only had one incident where i have been sick and that was 2 days ago when i cooked my son`s fave dinner and there were some tiny pieces of potatoes in gravy and pre bypass i would pick a few potatoes out of the pot and munch on them, well i totally forgot i had my bypass and did the norm did not chew them as meant to and within 2 mins was being sick.
I know that would not of stretched my pouch at all but what actually would.
The reason i am asking this is that it sometimes worries me that some days i can eat more than other days and this worries me in case i am doing damage to myself.
Thanks and take care xxx

It is continually pushing it that stretches your pouch. As long as you stop eating as soon as you feel full you will be fine. Friends that I have that have stretched their pouches seem to always be "finding ways" to manage stuff such as drinking while eating, waiting 10 minutes and then carrying on eating etc.

Follow the rules and you will be fine.
xxx

I guess thats it do as we are told and everything will be fine. I know there are always time we want to push the boundaries. Its hard but it does get easier to live with

Jo
x

STRETCHING YOUR POUCH TAKES LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF ABUSE. IM 11 MONTHS OUT AND EACH DAY IS DIFFERENT AS TO QUANTITY OF FOOD. LOTS AND LOTS OF ABUSE IS MONTHS OF EATING TO RESTRICTION AND OVER. YOU ARE DOING GREAT ROCH X

(sorry for caps lol - accident )

Back