• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How soon to start exercising?

Lynsey83

I am wondering how soon is too soon to exercise? I will be two weeks post op on Saturday . When I asked before my surgery they were a bit vague and said you won't feel much like exercising for quite some time after. I'm very lucky to feel fine now. But I do realise that doesn't mean my insides are all ok. Plus I have had a 5 day weight loss stall and am not sure what's going on? Thanks in advance for your help x

Hi Lynsey

I've an appointment with my consultant on the 26th March so am going to ask him as likewise, my care staff were rather vague.

As regards the stall - I stalled for nearly a week and have just had a lb downward shift today. Borogirl who also had her op on 22 Feb has also had a stall.

From the replies we got, it's perfectly natural x

Thanks I thought it was normal but it's still frustrating this early on, it's a major op and to not lose is terrifying to think you put yourself through this, for what? I'm just very impatient, I might try going swimming as all my wounds have sealed nicely. X

My provider is easy strolling / walking on the third day. Something more energetic after 2 weeks. Jogging about 3 - 4 weeks and Spin about 6 weeks.

They were about spot on for my last recovery. Hope the next one in May is quicker!

Mine said just walking/gentle exercise for a few weeks. You can go swimming after about two weeks as long as your wounds are fully healed. No strenuous activity until after six weeks (including no heavy lifting/straining). x x

I saw the nurse for my 2 week check-up and I was told we can start walking immediately. But I have to wait until 1 month to join a gym..

Back