• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How soon where u lifting?

kelly1

Hiya! Just the above really, how soon where u lifting? I'm 3 weeks in now and am gonna have to start lifting my little boy soon! I really don't have a choice :s xx

mummy2309

no idea hun i didn't want to read and run.

Karlos

They recommend nothing heavier than a kettle full of water for 12 weeks. Now that's going to be difficult with your child I know so make sure you adopt the absolute best safe lifting techniques. Be very careful make sure you lock your trunk ( no pun intended) and don't over extend your abdominal muscles. How heavy is your little boy?

kelly1

They recommend nothing heavier than a kettle full of water for 12 weeks. Now that's going to be difficult with your child I know so make sure you adopt the absolute best safe lifting techniques. Be very careful make sure you lock your trunk ( no pun intended) and don't over extend your abdominal muscles. How heavy is your little boy?

Thanks Karlos! Yeah I'm thinking take the weight with my arms n legs! He's about 23lbs, he can walk cos he's 16 months now but I need to be able to put him in the car/high chair/cot! X

Karlos

Thanks Karlos! Yeah I'm thinking take the weight with my arms n legs! He's about 23lbs, he can walk cos he's 16 months now but I need to be able to put him in the car/high chair/cot! X

Just be careful. Make sure you use the large muscle groups in your arse and legs not your back or abdominals. Take real care when you bend to put him in his bed or car seat etc, as these are two of the most dangerous times when you just have to bend at the waist, dangerous for you as this naturally distends your stomach putting you at max hernia risk.

Last edited:

clairabelle83

I had my band fitted on Wednesday, i asked the surgeon as my daughter is nearly 16 months he said i should be fine if careful with how i'm lifting her xx

Yvessa

As the OP has posted in the sleeve section, which is a more invasive surgery, it may not be the best advice! if you're still worried hon, get some advice from your team :)