• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How to make a pork and veg stew/soup

BandyEmm

Hello :D

Can some one please give me a step by step way on how to make a pork & veg stew/soup?

I have pork diced already from the butchers

onions

mushrooms

carrots

sweade

parsnip

and gravey granuals

i know i have to cook the pork

and boil the veg, but how do i do the sauce bit ?

Am doing enough to last 2 days for a family of 4, me and 3 kids

ta xxx:553:

I'd brown the pork, throw it in the slow cooker with all of the veg (or saucepan/casserole) and a couple of oxo's, salt n pepper and leave it forever... You can thicken up with some cornflour when it's ready :)

Then if you have leftovers for soup just blitz and water down as necessary :) xx

Thanks hun, its in the slow cooker now, has been for a few hrs.

I done:

brown the pork off

chopped up the fresh veg

put in 2 cans of veg soup

1/2 cup of water

salt and pepper

and now im hoping for the best :D

Leave it for a long time it will be delish xx

it was bloody fantastic! xx

Ive never had it before either :D

Am going on the look out for a HUGE pot to make a batch to last a few days and to freeze aswell :) xx

Glad it worked out Em., I love doing hot pots and stews as the weather gets colder... Kelly had a great chicken recipe... I'm finding the thread and posting it for you in a minute... 'affordable, simple recipe's...' hope this helps... a great way of getting the kids to eat veg too and you could even liquidise and turn things into soups... so versatile... love and hugs Em xxx

Thanks Bev, Am lucky as my tribe love their fruit and veg :) right from a early age i gave it them ( 4mths roughly) so thats basically what they have grown up with.

I really want to get a huge catering pot to do lots of cooking in, but they are expensive :(

I will hunt on ebay later xxx

Back