• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How to use all the commands you see in MiniMins Message Area!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
How to use all the commands you see in MiniMins Message Area!
When you start a new post, you have SERVERAL options on how to format your text! Here is a list of what the buttoms in the text editor in "advanced mode" will do for you!!

Spell Check your replies before posting can be found on the right hand corner side of your reply box, just above the box of Smilies.

ABC with a tick under it...if you click on it you can download your spell check and follow the instructions. You only have to do this once and then it will be there forevermore.

However! This option is only available on Internet Explorer.

removeformat.gif
This will switch you between WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) to command based formatting
smile.gif

The "Fonts" area allows you to choose different fonts for your text

The "sizes" area allows you to change font size

color.gif
allows you to change the font color

smilie.gif
This allows you to add smilies other than the ones in the box to the right of the text area

attach.gif
If the attachments option was enabled, this is how you would upload attachments

undo.gif
This is UNDO - it will reverse your last action.

redo.gif
This is REDO it will undo your undo!

The B, U and I stand for Bold, Underline and Italics - all apply to the text you type

justifyleft.gif
This is to make all of your text "Left Justified" which means it will all line up on the left side of the screen

justifycenter.gif
This will center your text

justifyright.gif
This will line all of your text to the right side of the screen

insertorderedlist.gif
This will allow you to make a numbered list. Select all text for the list and click this button

insertunorderedlist.gif
This will allow you to make a bulleted list - see above for instructions

outdent.gif
This will "outdent" your text - select text and click this button

indent.gif
This will INDENT a selected block of text

createlink.gif
This allows you to put a link and instead of it showing up as http://blog.minimins.com, you can add text like "Click Here" and the link will be attached to the text.

unlink.gif
This allows you to remove an underlying link from specific text

email.gif
This allows you to add an clickable email address

insertimage.gif
Click this button to add a picture to your post

quote.gif
Add your text in a quote box

The last 3 buttons are so you can add code, HTML or PHP - none of which are allowed on here
wink.gif

Last edited:

magickmel

Loves VLCD's !
That's really useful thanks. The only thing I don't get is that you say clicking on the smilie will get you more than the standard smilies in the box on the right. I just get a drop down menu of the same ones. How do I add some of my own, is this poss ? Thanks, Melissa

magickmel

Loves VLCD's !
Loadsa nice stuff on there thanks ! Also have some nice graphics on my computer but I can't copy and paste any of it into a message, what am I doing wrong ??? I can only insert the standard smilies. Any help gratefully received !

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
If you use internet explorer, its just copy and paste into the message.

Right click on the image, select copy, then right click in the message and left click paste

However, if your using another browser, you have click on the image copy its Address, then use the button that looks like this:
insertimage.gif
and paste it into that.

Hope that helps,

Pierce

magickmel

Loves VLCD's !
Ah ok yes.

I was trying to copy and paste some from "my pictures" which is where I had stashed some of the graphics from the link you gave me above. Guess this isn't going to work as it isn't copy/pasting from html ?

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
You would have to upload them to the photogallery, or photobucket or some sort of image hosting service first.

Pierce

Gill-cdthing

Gone, but who cares huh
so what do i change in the code then please, i know nothing about php boards lol, they arnt something i have dealt with before, thanks gill

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
You can go to userCP and click edit options.

At the bottom theres an option to do a count down timer, like the one in my signature.

Pierce