• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how weird!

lilmissairhead

Hi,

I like many others eat the wrong things at the wrong times (Chocolate is the worst) and i'm trying to lose some weight before i go for surgery as the docs have requested. however i have noticed that if i am sent to buy chocolate for others at work and hand it over to them my craving is satisfied! :eek: my brain must think that i have bought it so that's enough if that was all it had taken i would have tried it years ago :cry: lol, any one else have a brain malfunction? lol just thought i'd share that with you lovely people x

How weird indeed - I was just talking today about the same thing! I was saying that ive noticed when I'm shopping I will buy things that i love but cant or wont allow myself to eat and give them to my daughter and her partner. they have just got an apartment and I like to get them yummy things that they can't afford. I have no problem handing over the goodies - I think it's partly the satisfaction of picking them up in the first place that I like. The difference is that they don't stay in my house so I don't have the opportunity to eat them.

it's the strangest feeling isn't it? you get the satisfaction of buying it without the guilt for eating it! i honestly wish i'd have discovered this sooner haha x

Isn't the brain funny? When I gave up smoking years ago I found that if I had an empty ashtray by my side and pretended, every twenty minutes or so, to stub out an imaginary cigarette my cravings stopped instantly.

yup i buy stuff on offer all the time, just because i can and give it to my family and friends as i can not eat it.

OMG! I'm going to try this one out! thanks fir the tip. x

Back