• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Huge childish rant!!!!

Kimboski

Scales!!!!! Blummmmin' scales.

*Deep breaths* Sooooo, my aged scales that have seen me come down from nearly 28st a few years ago to just after pre-op have finally given up the ghost.:(

The new ones read totally differently to the ones I had ( over a stone heavier to be exact) and are not consistent grrrrrr.

I suppose I wouldn't have the hump if it was a stone lighter :rolleyes:....... but it's left me with a feeling of not knowing if I really had lost as much as I thought on the old scales(as they were dying at the time) or are the new ones wrong?

Shouldn't be obsessing about scales, I know. But this has really thrown me into a bout of self doubt and annoyance.

Rant over, thanks for listening :D x

SleeveGirl

Hi Kim,

You could go to Boots or somewhere that has proper scales then you'd know for sure...

Other than the scales I hope you're doing ok! x

top_kat

I don't think its a childish rant at all -

but maybe worth going somewhere, wearing exactly the same as what you can at home and seeing what the difference is, head to Boots - at least then you will know either way.!

Yvessa

That first week is irritating but soon it won't matter as you'll be below both scales. Keep at it :)

Dinda

It is easy to get hooked up on scales and for them to be the one part of the journey you focus on (ignoring how you look, how your clothes feel, increased energy and stamina, other health benefits, inch loss etc) regardless of the numbers on your old scales, you lost weight whilst using them. So if they said you started at 20 stone and were at 18 stone when they went to scale heaven, but you were really 21 stone and the new scales say you're 19 stone now - you've still lost 2 stone. Well done!

Fading Grace

Fading Away
Are the new scales digital? If so, you need to place them on a very hard surface so they give an accurate reading. If they are not, then I'm not sure :z

Kimboski

Thank you all so much for the helpful advice...... and listening to the rant :)

All good advice....... although I think that I may leave the going to Boots bit as I normally weigh myself naked in the morning. I may get arrested :)

I've decided to stick with the new scales and cut my losses (pun intended). Even with the worse case scenario it still means I've lost 25lb :)

SleeveGirl

Thank you all so much for the helpful advice...... and listening to the rant :)

All good advice....... although I think that I may leave the going to Boots bit as I normally weigh myself naked in the morning. I may get arrested :)

I've decided to stick with the new scales and cut my losses (pun intended). Even with the worse case scenario it still means I've lost 25lb :)

25lbs is amazing :) Well done :) x

SleeveGirl

Thank you Katy :)

How have you been getting my lovely? x

I'm doing good thank you! I'm into the swing of things now :) Although still fed up of soup! Roll on Friday! x

janet_hi

Kar8858

Id go get stripped off in boots..at least if you get locked up you will lose a few pounds on prison food!

Sephem

Well done. You doing great.