• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hunger after surgery

Astraste

I had my surgery Tuesday and I am starrrrrving!!!! Almost constantly and it is really getting to me, I never used to be like this before! Anyone been through similar? Any advise would be great xxx

I am bypass but I kept on drinking drinking drinking I was liquids only for two weeks!! You'll get there

I think it might be gas. I felt hungry too after surgery, but it took me two hours to drink the fresubin (200ml). In the end it turned out it was trapped wind.
It might sound weird, but I think I had forgotten what real hunger feels like. Most of the time I had head hunger. It was either time to eat or I fancied some specific food. Don't get me wrong, I still have head hunger ALL the time. Day dreaming about pizza and ****...

It's head hunger and it will pass. Just keep following your surgical teams advice and make sure you stay properly hydrated and you'll be fine. Good luck x

Thanks guys, I figured out what it was, I have only been having thin liquids, I had a soup last night and that did the trick, going to pick up some ready made protein shakes today and that should help x

It's head hunger and it will pass. Just keep following your surgical teams advice and make sure you stay properly hydrated and you'll be fine. Good luck x

What he said... Lol. It will pass. The earlier stage is very habit driven. Hang in there x

Back