• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Disappointed with sleeve

Mandie37

Hi.

My Mum had the gastric sleeve 7 weeks ago. Since having the surgery she is constantly hungry and only lost 12lb in total since the op and nothing for six weeks.

The hunger is driving her mad and she was never this hungry before she had it done even to the point of it waking her up.

Has anybody else been disappointed with the weight loss and constant hunger.

Any advice would be really helpful because it's really beginning to get her down.

Hi. My Mum had the gastric sleeve 7 weeks ago. Since having the surgery she is constantly hungry and only lost 12lb in total since the op and nothing for six weeks. The hunger is driving her mad and she was never this hungry before she had it done even to the point of it waking her up. Has anybody else been disappointed with the weight loss and constant hunger. Any advice would be really helpful because it's really beginning to get her down.

Hey, what is she eating day to day? Weight loss can vary dependant on so many things. There may still be a lot of swelling or water retention. Is she drinking enough? I mistake my hunger for thirst ALL the time, more now than ever.

Thats a really good point. Apparently the first sign of needing water/hydration is exactly the same as feeling hungry, it's only if we ignore it that we start to feel thirsty! If she starts drinking more she may find the 'hunger' pangs subside.
Also a good point about food choices - good lean protein as a priority should help keep satisfied for longer.
I struggle with both of these things unfortunately :( I know my weight losses are always better when I drink more and eat better!

Back