• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hungry hungry hungry!

phatmomma

Says it all really! Today i've done nothing but eat eat eat! Nothing naughty but low fat options.. Yesterday i hungry so nibbled (if there is such a thing for bypassers). Is it the cold weather making me hungry? Is anyone else the same?

I'm going to do a food focus and see how many calories i've eaten, but not going to let it worry me. When i go to get weighed at the weekend i'll see if it has had some kind of adverse affect...

Hi Julie,

Keep your diary again, it's the best way love... this is seeming a bit like a pattern forming at certain points in the month... is it at the same time as last month love I remember you going back to a diary then... ?

Are you eating the right amounts of things at mealtimes precious?

You are obviously keeping a grip and eating low fat options Julie... maybe you are just eating the right amount for you?

Hoping you have some loss this week Angel... thinking of you

Love and hugs xxx

Last edited:
Well food focus says i've had about 1400 cals, if i was on a 'diet' i'd be happy with that...

Guess i'm making good choices. Maybe i feel like i'm eating a lot because i'm eating so frequently? Hmm well weigh in will show me! xx

Maybe you are doing ok Julie, be with you when you have your weigh in.

Incidentally, you and I are more or less the same weight right now!

Keep going....... you are an Inspiration to everyone! xxx

grr... just typed a long reply and lost it. Stoopid laptop!

I wont type the same long reply again, but it was about how I often have "hungry hippo" days out of the blue - usually TOTM and they disappear again as soon as TOTM is out of the way. May be the same for you hun x

I was wondering about that Julie, since you did have a similar thing last month... check your diary from then... damn hormones... they play havoc with our cravings...

Good that you are noticing and watching it though Julie...

Take care xxx

Do you thinks 'real' hunger or 'head' hunger or boredom? Im finding it hard to work out what things are meaning, I havent yet felt anything I think of as fullness but have sometimes thought I felt hungry but think it was an aching pouch and head hunger. I suppose it doesnt matter which it is as its still affecting you. Can you maybe have slightly more carbs?

I was going to suggest it could be your hormones - but Sambucca beat me to it (i.e. PMS). I have days like that too .. especially around and during my period. It'll probably balance out on a day when you don't feel at all hungry.

Don't worry :) 1400kCals is great and besides you're body isn't even ingesting all of it - you lucky swine! :D

Julie i'm with you, there are times i feel really really hungry and nibble all day, i would like to put it dow to totm but i haven't had a period for over 8 months now. It worries me as i genuinly feel hungry and i have always from day 1 eaten little and often. I just worry that the little seems a bit more these days! 1400 cals is fine at your stage Julie and if you are making healthy choices hun then i would say you don't have too much to worry about. I was brought up to share lol so why can't we share some of our monthly hormones with our other halves lol! xx

it might be that you get the hormonal changes without actually having your period Gaelic Girl. Definitely worth keeping a diary of when the hunger pangs occur. I tend to find that I lose all self control in the 4 days prior to my period and just eat without thinking.

You know what? I think you are all right! I am due my monthly visitor and this could well be it, really fancied chocolate today and there was a metal tub full on the unit! I resisted even though i know i won't dump on one - i really wanted it though, being the saddo i am i went and sniffed the tin instead :)

Yup it's definitely a hormonal change :)

Thank you ladies, your input and insight has been invaluable as per usual... xx

Flag it up Julie for next month and be prepared!

Every girl guide has her survival package!

At least you didn't succumb to unhealthy options, and your calorie intake wasn't that horrific.

Love and hugs xxx

Yes Bev, i will be careful to make sure i have the low fat options to nibble on...

xx

I noticed that around 2 weeks after my period (when I am ovulating or due to) I just feel like eating! All the time!!!
I am hungry and tired and snappy!

So, I bet you are the same.... Hate all those hormones!

Julie
i tend to eat more in the middle of my cycle, on those days i just go with it, but try to be as healthy as i can, just like you seem to be.
xxxx

When I've felt hungry I have a drink... guessing this will still work maybe even better as there is less stomach to fill x x

Back