• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hungry after meal

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
sometimes after a meal im still hungry even tho ive eaten quite a bit, like today i had chicken breast in pitta (didnt eat the pitta) and a piecce of garlic bread, 8 chips (yes i count lol :eek:)and plenty of salad, chewed loads and loads and managed to eat the lot over 20/30 mins, then stayed for bout 10 mins after our meal (bf finished his drink, i didnt drink obviously) to make sure i was ok and didnt feel sick, so when we left and walked to the bus stop (10 min walk) i was like im hungry again :confused::confused:, could that be because i ate my meal very slowly??
also only had a latte today bout 1 hour before my meal as i wasnt hungry.
but i knew i was full and if i did eat i would be ill,

is everything ok or have i messed my bypass up, guess i just want to know if this has happened to anyone else?
i dont think ive messed it up because i can still only eat small potions and if i eat anythin wrong for me (like a hash brown muffin) i will usually be sick a little. (only had the hash brown muffin twice and thats was enough as after 3 bites i was sick)

god how stupid i am, just realised i ate nothin all day before i went out for food so obviously i was able to eat more, only had a latte.

sorry xx

Are you sure it was hunger. What it most likely could be is your body digesting the food, which makes rumblings, gurglings and the sometimes slight burning feeling inside similar to hunger. If you feel you ate sufficiently then the feeling would have passed with a nice warm drink when you got home. Warm drinks often suffice after a meal.

I was just gonna say what you said Claudia.... xx

If i'm going out for a meal i dont eat all day that way i can eat more and dont waste much xxx

also the trouble with garlic bread/chips/hash browns etc is they are empty/simple carbohydrates and can make you hungry for more carbs very quickly. Sticking to the protein and veg first and any room left have wholegrain/wholemeal (more complex, slow release carbs) should help

Hope you dont mind me jumping in here but you really should be eating at regular periods to get the most from yr bypass. Skipping meals because you are going out is the kind of thing we did that caused us to get fat in the first place..... even if its only a piece of fruit or a piece of cheese for breakfast its better than nothing!!
But like nonsmoker said you also had a lot of refined carbs that cause bloodsugars to spike and will make you feel hungry sooner!!

Hope you dont mind me jumping in here but you really should be eating at regular periods to get the most from yr bypass. Skipping meals because you are going out is the kind of thing we did that caused us to get fat in the first place..... even if its only a piece of fruit or a piece of cheese for breakfast its better than nothing!!
But like nonsmoker said you also had a lot of refined carbs that cause bloodsugars to spike and will make you feel hungry sooner!!

thank you all very much and off course i dot mind u jumpin in HOPELESSCASE u have so much experince im grateful for ur advice xx

Back