• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op diet the pits

ditsy_dame

Gah I have never been so hungry in my life. Here's what I can have in a day:
4 small tins of weight watcher soups
4 light yogurts
a pint of milk
diet soft drinks and squash
tea/ coffee with splenda

since I can only tolerate small amounts of cows milk I use about half a cup per day in tea. So I can have 1 extra yogurt. Whooppe doo. I've allowed myself some hartley's diet jellies, which are under 10 calories a pot. I am starving, it's hard to fall asleep, thinking about food in the fridge. This is really hard. The bariatric nurse told me that some patients find that the above is too much food, and they can't eat it all. Who are these people? How do I get to be one of them? 4 more days of this, I can make it although it's not gonna be fun. I honestly cannot imagine how some surgeons make people have nothing but milk for 2 weeks. So really I guess what I'm doing is not as bad but oh boy am I hungry and I have to watch my family chow down on tiger bread with butter and jam.
*end rant*

Last edited:
Hi ditsy, only 4 more days? You can do this and you know it!! Good luck with it anyway. I couldn't manage 4 soups in 1 day as I only have 1 meal aday, but the tiger bread with jam and butter sounds lovely. take care xx Gaynor xx

Keep your mind focused on what is at the end of the 4 days, a whole new you, one you have wanted for a long time. You have come this far and you can do this last few days.

Try and save something that will fill you for before bed, one of the soups for instance, and keep yourself busy, occupy your mind with other things and you will find the time passes faster without you thinking about food or being hungry. When you feel hunger pangs try drinking something this will help.

Awwww hun my heart bleeds for u iv all this to go through yet, and its got to be said i arnt looking forward to it! But just keep ya mined focused on y your doing it and the end result. Its not guna be 1 of the hundreds of failed diets we have all done. Its beeing done for a reason and soon that reason will be hear then no more feeling hungery YAYYYYYYYYYYYY lol chin up x

Hi Ditsy, I know what you mean re. pre-op diet it is hard. I have my op 2mrw and have been on the milk diet for 8 days. The only thing that kept me going was being determined to stick to it to the letter as I want all to go well. I have had to focus my mind entirely and sometimes when really weak and hungry I've had to say "I'll just get through this next hour", at the end of that hour, make the same decision and so on. Some days are better than others, some days I have not been troubled at all. Other days I've felt awful.

I really hope it goes ok. I'm having tiger bread and Jam longings now as well!

Hang on in there chick I really do feel for you but not long to go now...I was one of the very lucky ones and did not have to do it but I know I would of felt the same as you...pull on us lot on here to support you on the first stage of your new life!...xx

Thanks everyone. I will have to try the one hour to the next method because this is getting out of hand. I lay awake in bed at night thinking about food. I have tried filling up on liquids, big mugs of tea, all different varieties and I've tried the trick of ice water because it's supposed to stun your stomach if it's cold enough and kill the hunger pangs and it works but only for a little while. I must be drinking litres already. Did anyone find that hunger was keeping them awake at night? I could cope if it was just during the day but I'm getting sleep deprived now. :sigh:

Stick With It!

Well done, you are doing great! I am 9 days post op now and feeling wonderfull. My Doctor was one of those that made me have nothing but milk for 2 weeks piror to the op, so your list of food would have sounded like heaven to me. It was the toughest thing I have ever had to do, even to the point where the milk was making me heave as I drank it!

Just think 4 more days, it's not long, it really isn't! :)

Weighed myself this morning and I've lost 1st 7lbs in the last 3 weeks! So totally over the moon. Keep up the good work it will be so so worth it! Good luck! :p

Tut bless ya. I had to smile about the people who are full on that food, I definately was'nt one of them. I thought the pre op was hell! Not long now chucks, keep up the good work.

Back