• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hungry!

Vespa

Hey!

I had my op Friday and it is now Monday and I'm really hungry now- I can now have soups and thicker liquids but will be another 4 days before im on the soft food stage. Should I be this hungry yet or is it normal?

xxx

Wow, you move to that stage quickly :) I have to stay on liquids only for 14 days post op . . .and Im currently at day 11, it seems like forever lol

Aww no! It's strange how hospitals differ isn't it?! Not sure if I am hungry or just think I am? And I can't tell when I'm full! I suppose I will just learn it but it's difficult at the moment xxx

Aww no! It's strange how hospitals differ isn't it?! Not sure if I am hungry or just think I am? And I can't tell when I'm full! I suppose I will just learn it but it's difficult at the moment xxx

Yes its very strange and some vary by some big degrees. I guess each provider finds what works best for them, what they get the best results with and go with that.

I think its difficult to tell when we are full . . .altho my nurse said to me when I start eating, eat only until I no longer feel hungry and not until I feel full (apparently when I get onto food and have restriction I will learn to know the difference)

Its also hard with all this rumbling and gurgling in the tummy to know whether its rumbling cos its hungry or because of gas or never ending supply of water lol

Mami that's really made me laugh !! :) I'm a day behind you Vespa and keep thinking I'm hungry but I think mines in my head ! Lol x

Haha me too- I probably am just thinking it as I'm so used to being starving!! xxx

Back