• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting to feel hungry now

Majella

I am starting to feel hungry now. I am 14 days post op and starting to panic incase I am eating too much. Is this too much - today I had:-

Half a sachet of porride made with water
2 extra light laughing cow triangles
2 tablespoons of salmon and veg liquidised

I have just eaten a full muller rice - which is the most I have had in one go and not had my tea yet.:confused:

I am starting to feel hungry now. I am 14 days post op and starting to panic incase I am eating too much. Is this too much - today I had:-

Half a sachet of porride made with water
2 extra light laughing cow triangles
2 tablespoons of salmon and veg liquidised

I have just eaten a full muller rice - which is the most I have had in one go and not had my tea yet.:confused:

Hi, i think you should go onto some of the other banders diarys and view what they have had..I know every one is different but it might help and don't forget your still new post op.... I have just read on someones post that they didn't feel any restriction untill there band was filled at nearly bursting point... be carefull of your calories during this time as you don't want to be having to lose even more xx take care xx

I was hungry pretty much as soon as I came round after the op. Hunger is 'normal' but can often be confused for thirst in the early post op days. Head hunger is a completly different beast!

Try sipping a drink if you feel hungry.

I cant advise on what you are eating as I dont know what your provider has said is ok but it doesnt sound like too much. What did you have for tea?

If you are concerned re read your diet sheet or give your provider a ring to put your mind at rest x

Hi, i think you should go onto some of the other banders diarys and view what they have had..I know every one is different but it might help and don't forget your still new post op.... I have just read on someones post that they didn't feel any restriction untill there band was filled at nearly bursting point... be carefull of your calories during this time as you don't want to be having to lose even more xx take care xx

Bands can be too tight and conversly restriction lessens from good to not so good as the stomach shrinks. The term filled to nearly bursting point may have been used to illustrate this (????) but bands work by restricting the stomach when filled. Bursting is as far as Im aware not something that could happen.

As for the calories - I was on 1,000 + calories a day after a few days on liquids and as advised by my provider. At 14 days post op things are still settling and healing :D

Back