• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hurnia repair when having gastric bypass

pinkprincess77

I was just wondering if anyone as experienced this? I have a lower abdominal hurnia that I think was caused when I had my son. It is more prominent now that I have lost a little weight. My question is does anyone know if they would repair the hernia when they are doing the bypass? ? I have nhs funding for the bypass. Thanks x

I'm still pre op but I've been a member here since September and I've read many posts from people who had the same issues and all of them that I can recall seeing had the hernia repaired whilst under at the same time.

Hope this helps!
X

I have heard of this happening, hopefully someone who had it done can confirm but it doesn't hurt to ask as the NHS would have to do your hernia repair any way so I imagine it would save them money and you the risk of two GA's so definitely ask. Best of luck.

hi there, well i had the same problem, had a hernia in lower tummy. i talked to surgeon and he was more than happy to do a repair at the same time as bypass. just ask. i am two weeks post-op now and its been a rough ride but glad i had it done. good luck with it all.

hi there, well i had the same problem, had a hernia in lower tummy. i talked to surgeon and he was more than happy to do a repair at the same time as bypass. just ask. i am two weeks post-op now and its been a rough ride but glad i had it done. good luck with it all.

Thanks for replying. I suppose you don't get anywhere if you don't ask :) thanks x

Back